cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra Balance

prabsimran
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I have around $500 balance on my public account can I use it to buy a phone online?

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@prabsimran 

Just add your pm account to your will and decide who will inherit it. That's my plan for my unspendable growing credit.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

@prabsimran 

You can apply funds in your account balance towards plans and add-ons. There's isn't any way to apply them towards phones or SIM cards - Public Mobile does not issue refunds - unless the new Points system will provide more options (beyond purchasing $1 raffle/lottery tickets).

But $500 is a significant and surprising sum to deposit into a prepaid account - enough to pay for years of service. You might be able to convince the CSAs to repurpose some or all of your $500 towards purchasing a phone. It doesn't hurt to ask.

@NDesai wrote:
@softech  wrote:

You might consider changing to new reward systems.  You can then use the points for Lucky Draw. 1 point per entry I don't think they have limit on how many entry.  So, you put them all, you have a big chance  🙂

Now sure if Public Points can buy giftcard or so eventually.  But don't bet on that

I don't think the current Account Balance will convert to points. They allow redeeming points towards account balance, but not the other way around. OP will just have to use the current balance to pay the bill and use points for other things like Lucky Draw. More chances at the beginning since there won't as many entries compare to what it will be in a few months.

You're right that current balance won't be converted to points.  However, even if Public Mobile did allow that, I still wouldn't recommend enterring a contest 500 times.  In almost every case, this is gambling away and wasting all of the points.  If the idea is to enter because of the thought that there will be less entries, there's no such thing as a guaratneed win.  In fact, it's a guranteed loss but for all of 3 customers.  I also don't belive in the idea that there are less people entering so the chances are better.  It takes only a few customers to think that and enter for the odds to be extremely bad for those entering.  Also, is there an condition in this contest that says that a required amount of entries are entered before the draw takes place?  

@softech  wrote:

You might consider changing to new reward systems.  You can then use the points for Lucky Draw. 1 point per entry I don't think they have limit on how many entry.  So, you put them all, you have a big chance  🙂

Now sure if Public Points can buy giftcard or so eventually.  But don't bet on that

I don't think the current Account Balance will convert to points. They allow redeeming points towards account balance, but not the other way around. OP will just have to use the current balance to pay the bill and use points for other things like Lucky Draw. More chances at the beginning since there won't as many entries compare to what it will be in a few months.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@prabsimran wrote:

Hi I have around $500 balance on my public account can I use it to buy a phone online?

@prabsimran  not currently...but, what if Public Mobile allows that one day. 🤔

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@prabsimran wrote:

WOW! How did you manage to accumulate 500 bucks on your account?

No, you cannot buy refurbished phone fro PM with that money. It can be used for PM services only.

If you do not know what to do with $500, switch to most expensive plan for few months, enjoy all that data and then switch back until you accumulate another 500. Or just buy plenty of add-ons.

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @prabsimran 

no you can't,

for Self-Serve, Balance you use for service, not to purchase device.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@prabsimran  this cannot be done.  The balance can only be used to pay for Public Mobile service, plan charge or add-ons

Of course, if you are in no rush to use them all, then stay on the old reward system. it is better and save you more money

[Update: as advised, the $500+ in the Available Fund cannot be converted to Public Points]

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@prabsimran 

As far as I know, you cannot use your service balance to pay for a device. Sorry about that 😞

Need Help? Let's chat.