cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls and messages.

joyjava
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The service is really messed up. Can't receive phone calls. Customer service is a mess. You are amateurs. The friend who recommended your company was a really bad guy. You don't try to solve the problem at all.

8 REPLIES 8

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@joyjava wrote:

Customer service is a mess.

Did you try the customer service yet? What did they say?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@joyjava, did you recently just switch to PM?  is your old SIM still active (you can put it back in the phone and check it) If you ported in a number did you leave your old sim in to confirm that port request?  It sounds like your port is stuck and you will need the assistance of a CSA.  You can create a trouble ticket by hitting the chat bubble in the lower right corner of the screen.  Also, I am sure you will receive some private messages with a number to call I just don't have it memorized lol

Edited to add:  I agree if the friend who referred you didn't fully explain how PM support works they weren't very nice to you.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@joyjava If you have no data issue and just problem with  incoming calls,  then No need to reset APN settings as advised by another member above.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@joyjava  starting with basic troubleshooting...first were you charged for the SIM card activation?

Also, try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone,  then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@joyjava did you just join PM and just port your number into PM?  any chance your porting was not completed?  you received any incoming calls at all?

if you just missed some incoming calls but not all of them, try to put your network to 3G Only and see if it helps 

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @joyjava 

reset SIM, take out SIM, re-inserting SIM and power on,
try toggling airplane mode off/on,

Edit: if data not working try reset your APN Settings (publicmobile.ca)

try manually selecting network "3G only" or WCDMA only,
and Rebooting device..test it.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@joyjava Can you give us more info on your issue? Did you activate and port in your number recently? 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@joyjava wrote:

The service is really messed up. Can't receive phone calls. Customer service is a mess. You are amateurs. The friend who recommended your company was a really bad guy. You don't try to solve the problem at all.

@joyjava  - did you activate in store?

Customer Support is all online. This forum is where customers and other members help one another with issues.

Can you provide a bit more details perhaps we can help improve our your situation you are currently in.

For account related issues, Customer Support Agents (CSA) are Public Mobile representatives that may need to be engaged. 

CSA contacts online here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

EDIT: wrong word.

Need Help? Let's chat.