cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing plan on autopay, changing to another asking for money...

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

As the title states, I want to switch to one of the promo plans before they expire on the 22nd. My current plan is data only on autopay and would like to switch to the $25 1gb talk/text/data plan. When I was going through the switch, I saw this:

PM plan.png

If the account is on autopay, when the plan change happens, shouldn't it just automatically charge my credit card? Or do I really have to put $25 in the account first?

5 REPLIES 5

@ckl  a écrit :

@ShawnC13 @Lieux 

Okay. Thanks for the info. I was planning to do the future date route so I guess I will just wait until the 25th and let autopay handle the charges.

hmmm... both of you provided good answers. You both deserve to be accepted as solutions, but since I cannot do that, I guess the only fair way is to give the solution to the Shawn as he responded first.

Good choice!Smiley Happy

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ShawnC13 @Lieux 

Okay. Thanks for the info. I was planning to do the future date route so I guess I will just wait until the 25th and let autopay handle the charges.

hmmm... both of you provided good answers. You both deserve to be accepted as solutions, but since I cannot do that, I guess the only fair way is to give the solution to the Shawn as he responded first.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@ckl If you set up a plan change for your next renewal date it doesn't matter if the plan expires before then you will still be able to switch as you've locked in the plan change.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@ckl  a écrit :

As the title states, I want to switch to one of the promo plans before they expire on the 22nd. My current plan is data only on autopay and would like to switch to the $25 1gb talk/text/data plan. When I was going through the switch, I saw this:

http://i64.tinypic.com/hwfiub.jpg

If the account is on autopay, when the plan change happens, shouldn't it just automatically charge my credit card? Or do I really have to put $25 in the account first?

Yes if you click for a change plan for the next renewal date and if you have autopay usually it will be ok. You can change your browser or in incognito mode. But it's always better to put the money for your plan in your available funds before the renewal date...just in case the autopay don't work..Smiley Wink

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@ckl wrote:

http://i64.tinypic.com/hwfiub.jpg

Autopay is set up for scheduled renewals of your plan.  To switch plans mid-cycle you will need to pay for the new plan.  Also, be aware that you will lose any remaining features from your current plan.  Or you can future date your plan change to your next renewal and that is where auto-pay will take care of the switch.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.