cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing line Transfer to new phone

Anni78
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I’m going to transfer my public mobile existing line to a new phone. Do I need to get a new esim for the new phone?

Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

@Anni78 wrote:

Hi there,

I’m going to transfer my public mobile existing line to a new phone. Do I need to get a new esim for the new phone?

Thanks. 

Hello @Anni78 

With your new phone, download the app and purchase a new eSIM via the app. It should be at no charge. From my understanding it's easy to do but I'm not an eSIM guy as I prefer a physical SIM card to move around for my multiple phones.

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Existing eSIM customers should not have to pay for me eSIM. When you go through the process of purchasing a new one it may look like there is an amount but at the end it should be zero. If for some reason you get charged just open a ticket by clicking the orange circle in the bottom right corner, a CS_agent will then correct it 

You can switch to a physical SIM card but you would need to talk to an agent to see if they will wave the charge, no guarantee they will but doesn't hurt to ask 

Anni78
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks Szu. If I need to pay for the new esim, can I use the physical sim instead? 

szu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Anni78 

Yes, you will need to download the PM app on your new phone. Login into your account and then purchase a new ESIM card.  If you already paid for previous eSIM, you will not usually need to pay for new eSIM for new phone. 

Need Help? Let's chat.