cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esim

Cerasus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My current phone (pixel 6) is broken and I need to get an esim on an older phone (pixel 3) until I can purchase a new phone. However, when I go to install esim on phone it just keeps asking me to retry. Anyone have any ideas on how to have it work?

16 REPLIES 16

yes,  update and reboot phone 

Cerasus

Oh okay, so I just update the sim number in my profile - myself and it should switch everything over

@Cerasus after you recieved the sim, login to the app or My account and go to Account page or Profile page to update the sim card number 

ot if you have trouble logging in, just message support and ask them to update for you

Cerasus

@softech 

If I order from Amazon, how do I set up the physical sim card?

Thanks!

Cerasus

@softech Thanks a bunch! Locations are closed so guess I'll order from Amazon 🙂

@Cerasus yes of course.  doesn't matter physical or eSIM, you get to keep the same phone number 

just make sure you login My Account and update the sim card number there

Cerasus

@softech Can I use same phone number with physical sim?

hi @Cerasus how long you submitted the ticket? they usually reply within 4 hours.  Check your community inbox 

@Cerasus you can open ticket with PM support and have them to check 

not sure if you would consider physical sim for now.  If you would , get a Public Mobile sim card from

Cerasus

I have, but havent heard back

Cerasus

I did buy a new one, via the phone I want to use from the app but when I go to install it - just keeps saying 'try again'.

hi @Cerasus not sure if it is because of an older phone.  Ask support agent for help

message them

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Cerasus 

eSIM cannot be moved.  BUT Luckily, you can get a replacement for FREE

To rebuy new eSIM for FREE, first, download the app on your new phone.  Click Account from the bottom, then click Purchase SIM Card and select eSIM

Once it confirms your phone is eSIM compatible, click Pay $  and Install (the system will check and apply a $5 credit to bring the total price back to $0 at checkout), and follow the prompt to complete and purchase and install eSIM on your device
(in rare case that PM charges you for the replacement esim, you can submit a ticket with PM support and ask them for reimbursement)

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/get-a-sim-card

Existing eSIM users at Public Mobile who need a replacement can do so at no extra cost. When you request a new eSIM through the usual process, we automatically identify you as an existing eSIM user and waive the replacement fee. See below for steps on how to get your new eSIM.

Cerasus

I did buy a new one, via the phone I want to use from the app but when I go to install it - just keeps saying 'try again'.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Cerasus eSIM cannot be transferred and you cannot reuse old eSIM

it you can buy new one.  Download PM app, login and go to Account page to buy new eSIM there

Need Help? Let's chat.