cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esim

Steve91
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently transferred a number from another carrier and subscribed to public mobile via esim. The subscription went well but I wasn't able to receive or send text messages even if phone calls and data was working. I waited 24 hours and still wasn't receiving texts or able to send them. Since I had installed an esim, I deleted it and now need to reinstall it. I currently don't have any service or access to my phone because of this. The QR code I received via email during activation also doesn't work. I need to reinstall the esim and desperately need some help as my phone is inactive

17 REPLIES 17

@Steve91  Your not wrong . It’s why I prefer physical SIM card . As you mentioned earlier changing phones often . So even if PM had the ability to give existing customers eSIM . The eSIM itself becomes a money grab -1point for eSIM. In my book 

Adding the work around is silly you would have to port the number out and creat a new PM account to port it back in on eSIM to much money and effort @Steve91 

trex1989

I am sure if iPhone 15 lineup goes esim only like iPhone 14 lineup do in the US, Public mobile will fix the issue. Customers will have to leave the service otherwise just so that they can use the phone. 

Steve91

Thanks for the help but it's ridiculous they don't offer an esim swap. What if you get a new phone or lose yours? You then lose the "privilege" of having an esim?? 

freebilly
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got a Submit a ticket link after typing "Representative", selecting Contact Us, and selecting the reason.  It also gives a link to message CS_Agent

@Steve91  Support going to say same thing get physical SIM card and contact then again or do this your self with SIM card in hand on profile page of your my account like this 

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1689377154505.png

Note only do this on lap top or computer/ not mobile device

but you can confirm with support thru this link .

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Steve91

I'm trying to use two numbers on one phone. I already have a physical sim with my work phone and was using public as a personal number. I need the physical sim to be associated with my work because I change devices every so often

Steve91

This is an automotive chat with a bot. You are not speaking to a human being. I cannot get a clear response

freebilly

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

You can click Start a chat on the get help page.

@Steve91 wrote:

What kind of ridiculous joke is this? Why can't I get another esim? I've downloaded esims from carriers many times. I would need another QR code as opposed to a physical sim. Is there a reason Public Mobile can't provide one? I only deleted it because it said "unknown number" and texts weren't working. I figured it wasn't installed properly and wanted to re-do it

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...PM operates at a different level than other carriers. The eSims are new to PM and will eventually evolve so that you can replace yours...but for now, you gonna need an old-skool sim. It's not all bad though...the esim would need to be repurchased whenever you upgrade or change your phone, while physical sim will just fit in new phone without issue.

Steve91

How can I call support if there isn't a number? 

Telus has developed a habit of doing things non-standard presumably to have tighter control over their systems rather than using tried and true and well practiced methods from elsewhere. It can be very frustrating for the customer. I'm not sure how much concern they have for the actual paying customer. Perhaps more so than with many corporations, they are way more focused on their shareholders. Customers, not so much.

freebilly

I think you'll need to call support to get them to reset the eSIM.  You can also buy a physical SIM and change the SIM Card Number under the Profile section when you log in to your account on the website.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Steve91you deleted the eSIM??. PM won't be able to regenerate you another one due to some system limitations. You should have simply open a ticket with support first and try Reset All Networks

It is too late now.  The only option is to get a physical sim.  You can get a Public Mobile sim card from

Once you got the sim card, go to My Account from ONLY a desktop or laptop computer to request Change Sim card (please note that due to some glitches, accessing change sim care from mobile phone or tablet won't work)

Then go to Profile page, click on the Pencil besides the sim card number, follow the steps to enter the new sim card number and complete the change sim card request
(or direct link: https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/change-sim-number  ) 

Steve91

What kind of ridiculous joke is this? Why can't I get another esim? I've downloaded esims from carriers many times. I would need another QR code as opposed to a physical sim. Is there a reason Public Mobile can't provide one? I only deleted it because it said "unknown number" and texts weren't working. I figured it wasn't installed properly and wanted to re-do it

Steve91

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Steve91  Sorry if you deleted the eSIM you will have to get a physical SIM card now and use it 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Steve91 

wellllll..now that you've deleted the esim, you can't get another. Now you need physical sim instead.

Need Help? Let's chat.