cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esim transfer to new phone ?

CoolScorpion
New Neighbour / Nouveau Voisin

Just wondering if I could transfer esim to another phone or do I need a physical sim to do that ? Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

RoyBatty
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My PM mobile app Subscription and Add-Ons does not show the buy new eSim option. It just has two options for US call add-ons.

Do you have to have specific subscription for the buy new eSim option?

Can only certain customer buy new eSim?

Why have instructions for something that is not available to everyone?

What am I missing?

The following is not true for my PM mobile app.

For eSIM with new phone, you have to re-buy a new one for $5.  
Yes,  while eSIM is "cool", there are disadvantages as well.  For eSIM, if you have a new phone, or if you ever wipe your phone, you will have to re-buy a new eSIM again.   There is no such problem with Physical sim card.

To rebuy new eSIM, First, download the app on your new phone, click   or    at the bottom left to bring up the menu and go to Subscription & Add-on page, scroll down to the bottom and click Shop SIM Card Now.  You can buy and install eSIM from there

PennyM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I currently have an eSim and bought a new phone. Both previous and new device are Android phones. I have the PM Android app and am logged in, however, there is no option to purchase a new esim in the Store. This looks like an omission or a bug. Can anyone confirm?  

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@CoolScorpion 

You can transfer eSIM to another phone, but the hassle is that you will need to purchase another eSIM for your new phone.  

You will need to download PM app on your new phone, login to your account and then purchase another eSIM. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/eSIM-now-available-for-new-amp-existing...

Need Help? Let's chat.