Esim

Yahya123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I transfer my esim from my old phone to my new iPhone 

@CS_Agent 

13 REPLIES 13

RoyBatty
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My PM mobile app Subscription and Add-Ons does not show the buy new eSim option. It just has two options for US call add-ons.

Do you have to have specific subscription for the buy new eSim option?

Can only certain customer buy new eSim?

Why have instructions for something that is not available to everyone?

What am I missing?

The following is not true for my PM mobile app.

For eSIM with new phone, you have to re-buy a new one for $5.  
Yes,  while eSIM is "cool", there are disadvantages as well.  For eSIM, if you have a new phone, or if you ever wipe your phone, you will have to re-buy a new eSIM again.   There is no such problem with Physical sim card.

To rebuy new eSIM, First, download the app on your new phone, click   or    at the bottom left to bring up the menu and go to Subscription & Add-on page, scroll down to the bottom and click Shop SIM Card Now.  You can buy and install eSIM from there

@Handy1 

the extra $5 , unfortunately this is an industry practice.  If i am right, only one or two providers allows free eSIM generation for new phone. 

@softech  Just gonna cost ya $5-$10 bucks to do so . But I’ll expect that $ grab to keep up with the latest and greatest gadgets . Just the price of admission 

@Handy1 

and yes, the ability to move an esim from one phone to another is there.  

HI @Handy1 

i am no big fan of eSIM  ,too

If you ask me, I want the tray for the sd card, too (that's why I still not 100% iPhone, I will love my backup Android phone)

@softech  I saw that hopefully that is the case . If not praying iPhone 15 comes with sim tray 

@Handy1 

I replied that post to confirm.  That line about transfer could just mean the same eSIM cannot be transferred

with other carrier, this is the same.  People who need eSIM on a new phone just need to pay and get a new eSIM for the new phone (and that would void the original eSIM)

@Handy1 

oops not yet.. correct.. but still good news for non-beliver 🙂

@softech  No eSIM is available for existing customers . But you still cannot transfer eSIM from one phone to another . So this is still disappointing . Thou community manger has messaged me to say it’s on the radar 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Yahya123 

No guessing, eSIM is availlable for everyone today. 

but still transfer your eSIM from one phone to another:.. it will come :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/eSIM-now-available-for-new-amp-existing...

(updated)

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I have not seen any mention of if and when this company will allow the ability to move an esim from one phone to another. I don't know how anybody can guess. Certainly nobody here would know unless they have some in with an employee. And then they would be breaking a confidence to share that information if true. So the truth of the matter is...no one can say and no one should be giving false hopes and wishful thinking. We. Don't. Know.
And of course, I could be wrong. But I tend to read just about everything here that an employee puts out.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Yahya123 

at the moment,  eSim transfer between different phones is not possible for to some system  limitations.  Wait  another month or two and you should be able to move the eSIM by then.  If you need to use your new iPhone now , then physical sim is the only solution 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Yahya123  Sorry you can’t , eSIM only for new activations . Not existing customers for now . So you would need to get physical SIM card and change in your my account profile tab 

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1690076460315.png

Note only do this on lap top or computer/ not mobile device

Need Help? Let's chat.