cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 820

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This problem started earlier. I should have gone with my instincts and posted here as well as asking CS_Agent.

I'm trying to port a friend from Fido to Public Mobile. (actually 2, but 1 at a time).

I set up the account a few days ago, including giving a SIM #, but got an Error 820 and the payment didn't go through. I was told by CS_Agent at the time to wait until we were activating the account and it would work then.

Well now I'm doing that, at Step 6 got an error "Subscription Not Activated" (which makes sense because payment didn't go through) but no option to associate a credit card or make a payment. AND they just got a text from Fido asking to approve the transfer!

How do we fix this? Do we approve the transfer?

PM account email: [deleted]

Thanks.

=andrew

4 REPLIES 4

Glad it worked out!!

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thank you both. Yes I was doing on the app. I got it working, here's how.

After getting the error they immediately got a text from Fido asking to confirm. I didn't right away.

I logged out on PM then back in again. At that point it said there was no payment method and to update CC. Which I did and it seemed happy. Logged out and in again, and it looked right. Then they replied yes to Fido text.

The 2nd friend went much the same way. (3rd friend had gone better in the first place, their payment was accepted a week ago).

FWIW I also made my life easier by doing the tough ones on my own phone by logging in as each of them in turn.

Thanks for the support.

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ottawa, if you're trying this from the public mobile app try from the Web browser or vice versa. Another option could be clearing your browser's cache or going incognito or even trying a different browser

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@ottawa  are you now doing this using the app?

Need Help? Let's chat.