cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erroneous Email from Public Mobile

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thanks a lot public mobile for completely freaking me out and practically giving me an ulcer making me think I had lost my account and my phone number. Preparing to reactivate my account I logged into my email after returning to civilization to discover an email dated on July 20th that I had 5 days to reactivate my account. She is it was July 30th I flipped my lid!

After the initial panic I called my phone number and was happy to hear my account details. I actually have two more full days to reactivate although I plan on doing it just after midnight tonight. Be forewarned that erroneous emails are being sent out as to the date you need to reactivate your account by if suspended up to 90 days.

Screenshot_20230731-155514~2.png

Screenshot_20230731-155523~2.png

Oh geez they sent another one today and 5 days from today my account would have been cancelled already!! Dreadful!!

Screenshot_20230731-155407~2.png

Screenshot_20230731-155424~2.png

1 REPLY 1

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@treefrog 

It’s kind of like playing the little boy who cried wolf.

I think public mobile sends these notices earlier than needed just to ensure people who don’t check their email routinely get it and act promptly.

Although if they send it more than once, and nothing happened the first time, it would likely cause users to believe it was spam and not urgent so it’s a double-edged sword.

Need Help? Let's chat.