cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ending The Conspiracy

Cupuacu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This may be the 3 speed tests that will ultimately end the conspiracy of PM throttling the speeds.

These tests were done in Niagara Falls, ON at 9:30PM

I was on LTE-A with a 2 Carrier Aggregation with both on Band 7

pmlte.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Great thread. 

jpar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I agree latency is more important anyway. If requests were being throttled that way, it would be something that I'd be upset about. A reliable, speedy connection is a lot more important than downloading large amts of data which is virtually impossible anyway with how low data caps are in Canada - on PM as well.

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire
@Cupuacu
It was never a conspiracy. It was acknowledged by Telus as a problem, and subsequently fixed.

The history is all there in the link that @NDesai provided.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Honestly, to use up such a tiny amount of data every month, only latency matters.  Any kind of reasonable speed is adequate.  Most homes don't have available internet speeds that are this fast, yet 1000 times the amount of data is consumed.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle
More has been discussed here: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Is-Public-Mobile-s-LTE-throttled-vs-Telus-...

I get around 60 plus In Hamilton will try in Niagara when ever I make a trip.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Lol the fastest I have ever gotten was 42 up and that was while in Ottawa Airport.  I usually get 16-20

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.