cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of Subscription??

Petevg1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Have been with PM for 5 years on auto payment.  Today my phone stopped working with the message that my payment has not been received.  I tried paying on line, but got the message that they could not receive my payment.  I also lost my rewqrds for refering a friend.  Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

Verbal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It could be any of the issues listed in the replies you received here but I had a fluke discovery a few months ago.  I checked if my card was expired... It wasn't so that couldn't be the problem

I checked to make sure I was paid up on it.... I was so that wasn't the problem.

I tried to see if I was fighting any network issues... I wasn't

Finally I called Costco credit card service and here they had put a freeze on it because I needed to provide some updates ( e.g. Job description, estimated annual income, address , etc. ) and then they lifted the restrictions on it and presto! My payment worked.

Very confusing but was glad to have that mystery solved.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Petevg1 

CC expires after 4-5 years. If you remember which CC you registered with check the expiry date.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Petevg1 

There are several things to look at here. Let's start with your credit card. Check the card and it's expire date. Has it expired? If YES, then go update it. If NO, log onto your online banking and see if the payment went through or if it's stuck in pending status. We see this often in the forums and I'm starting to think that when it's stuck in PENDING status and PM hasn't received the funds, that IMO can happen. If that is indeed the case, you'd have to call your credit card company to force the payment through. 

But in the meantime, to get back up and running fast, drop by a Shoppers Drug Mart and pick up a PM voucher. You can then dial 611 and upload the funds to your account until this issue is resolved and at least you'll have a phone again till it's resolved.

With regards to referring a friend credits, they no longer show at this time until PM can figure out how to create a proper website that shows it. But they are there, don't worry.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Petevg1 

the old Rewards program has been retired so the referal rewards are now called points. You'll get a point per referal / 30 days. You get 5% of plan costs converted to points that can be redeemed for $ to offset regular plan costs...but it's not automatic, you have to log in to your account / My Rewards to redeem the points once you have at least 15 points.

added...here's some reading from Help Files..

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Petevg1 

If your credit card expired it has a hold you will not be able to make payments, Check your credit card if it’s still working?

try another credit card and pay it manually 

Need Help? Let's chat.