cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESIM Installation Error - Transferring to a new phone

Delphable
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently got a new phone and am trying to transfer my ESIM. I've purchased a new ESIM on the app but the installation process failed. Now I can't use my previous phone, nor can I receive any messages on my new phone. The ESIM is registered to the phone, but my number is listed as unknown.

8 REPLIES 8

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Delphable wrote:

I recently got a new phone and am trying to transfer my ESIM. I've purchased a new ESIM on the app but the installation process failed. Now I can't use my previous phone, nor can I receive any messages on my new phone. The ESIM is registered to the phone, but my number is listed as unknown.

@Delphable , once you see that the eSIM installed on your phone please try the steps below to activate it that I used for my iPhone 14 Pro with eSIM.

1. Reboot your phone
  2. In cellular settings make sure that “ Turn On This Line “ (for iPhone ) is selected. (I am not positive where the setting is on a different phone to turn it on, possibly ‘Turn on your eSIM under Mobile Network’)
  3. Reset your network settings & reboot your phone.

Turn On This Line

Delphable

Yes, I've restarted my phone. Going to wait for the new generated QR code to be sent to me

Delphable

I did not receive any email with a new QR code. Messaged the PM agent

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Delphable 

Perhaps that was poor wording on my part when I joined it got sent as a part of my welcome email. But in your case you should have received the QR code in a email sent after purchase. 

You mentioned that you can see the E-SIM on the phone? Have you rebooted your device after adding the E-SIM? 

@Delphable wrote:

I was an existing Public mobile member, does the welcome email still apply here?

@Delphable  NO, the QR code on the Welcome email is the old one

you should get another email right after you purchased your new eSIM.  Again, if not, then open ticket with PM agent as advised above

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Delphable 

did you get a QR code in email ?  If so, try to scan it and install

If you can't find the QR code of this new eSIM anymore, open ticket with PM agent, they should be able to regenerate you another one

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Delphable

I was an existing Public mobile member, does the welcome email still apply here?

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Delphable 

Sorry to hear you are having troubles adding the E-SIM to your phone. Did this error come up when the app tried to install the E-SIM for you? Have you tried manually installing it by scanning the QR code that was sent to you by email after purchase? 

In your cellular settings can you see the newly added E-SIM at all? If it’s there ensure that it is active and then try rebooting your device.

Need Help? Let's chat.