cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-sim while waiting for SIM

Kelty23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ordered a SIM but want to activate e-sim. Seems I should be able to do this and not have to purchase another subscription considering I paid over $70 for the one connected to the SIM that has yet to arrive. Is this possible? Can I activate my subscription via e-sim prior to the physical sim arriving in the mail. It's quite urgent. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

@Kelty23  Gotcha makes sense. Had you already activated and were able to log onto the app you could have done this yourself in the app subscription add on page option for shop sim and then choose eSIM download it and install . This will be what you have to do if you ever switch devices also with eSIM 

Handy1_0-1693435611154.png

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hello @Kelty23 , If you have an eSIM compatible phone now, it's even easier to get started! I've included a link below to assist:

eSIM FAQs:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/esim-faqs

Change Your SIM Number:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-sim-number

Hope this helps.

@Kelty23 wrote:

I ordered because of the international calling plans which are much better than competitors. The phone I was using couldn't use e-sim but just purchased today and want to activate so I don't have to wait for the physical SIM to arrive. Seems I should be able to login and activate my subscription without having to purchase another. Thanks for the reply Handy1

@Kelty23 , eSIM cost $5. Are you able to login to the Public Mobile app? I am not sure how it works without a SIM Card yet to receive the 2FA Code to put in to be able to login to your account! If it lets you login it may allow you to purchase the eSIM to start using your service. If so try my instructions below. If not you would need a CS_Agents help with it.

For Existing Customers:

1. In the Public Mobile app on your Phone go to ‘Subscription & Add-ons’ page in your account to purchase an eSIM. I scrolled down & selected ‘Shop SIM CARD NOW’ then under ‘SELECT SIM CARD TYPE’ select ‘eSIM’ then select ‘PAY NOW’
  2. Please keep in mind to be patient when installing it, it takes time. Follow the instructions it gives you during this process! After it says on your Phone’s screen that it installed successfully reboot your Phone. As an extra measure I reset my Phone’s network settings.
  3. In cellular settings make sure that “ Turn On This Line “ (for iPhone ) is selected. (I am not positive where the setting is on a different phone to turn it on, possibly ‘Turn on your eSIM under Mobile Network’)

I received an email notifying me that my SIM Card changed.

‘I can not stress this enough… please be patient when installing the eSIM’.

Edited: To fix my typos! 😔 

Kelty23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ordered because of the international calling plans which are much better than competitors. The phone I was using couldn't use e-sim but just purchased today and want to activate so I don't have to wait for the physical SIM to arrive. Seems I should be able to login and activate my subscription without having to purchase another. Thanks for the reply Handy1

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Kelty23  in this case I think you need to reach out to support . Otherwise you could have just started with eSIM 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.