cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double charged and useless support agents

MikeRe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

On August 20th, Public Mobile double charged me. I asked support to look into it; support agents said that they definitely only charged me once, and it was definitely a bank error. I called my Bank, and the bank confirmed that Public Mobile double charged me. I asked the agent to look into why they double charged me, and why they were unaware that they double charged me; and the agent said "No, you can only wait for the bank answer and if they discover 2 charges, they have the mean and they're obliged to refund one of them. We did our work!"

Is this pretty typical for support from Public mobile? It's not their job to look into why they double charged me, or why they sent several messages insisting that they didn't?

8 REPLIES 8

Hey @MikeRe 

What about contacting your bank/credit card company and ask for both transaction numbers. Then give the CS Agents those numbers as proof. Then if they still won't help, ask if the bank reverses one of the fees, will it cause problems with my account? Then hold them to it. Document everything.

@MikeRe did you join PM on July 21st and this is your first renewal since joining?

MikeRe

The Public mobile agent said they can only find one charge and that it is the banks problem. 

MikeRe

I attempted the escalate to supervisor. I'll let you know how it goes. 

MikeRe

2 charges are the same amount - no plan changes - was a regular renewal date - Payment history on PM's my account shows 1 transaction that day. 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@MikeRe  know that banks do not charges customers.  It is the merchant (Public Mobile) who charges the customer  and submits the receipt to the bank for payment.

If you contact the bank, they will refer you back to the merchant to credit you back. 

If there really is two charges and there should be only one, please work with Public Mobile to correct.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @MikeRe the 2 charges are the same amount? you didn't make any plan change? And August 20th was not the date you first joined , right? was it a regular renewal date?  And Payment history on PM's My Account shows 1 transaction that day? or none?

But honest, this is account problem and the community cannot help much. Please gather all the info, use the same message (do not start new one) and reply PM agent, ask them to escalate and have a senior to review the account

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @MikeRe 

If you can, please take a screenshot of the double fee and any comment the bank wrote and please place another ticket and in the subject line, ESCALATE TO SUPERVISOR. 

EDIT: What the agent says concerns me and can really screw up your account with PM. IF the bank reverses one of those fees, you will have to find another source to pay for your bill. You'd have to use a credit card or vouchers. Once they see the bank has reversed the fees, they will tell you that you can no longer pay your account with your bank account or if you're using a credit card, they won't allow you to use a credit card anymore.

Need Help? Let's chat.