cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Charged On Renewal - $40/15GB

lawchristopher
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had my account set to switch to the new 15GB plan but it was no longer showing up on my account.  I had decided to upgrade it manually today but then I was charged for my old 5GB/3G plan today too.  Can I get a refund?

12 REPLIES 12

a22wang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That's right! The agent also confirmed the balance will be applied to next billing. So 'no harm done' I guess since I don't really mind being billed a few weeks early, as long as they don't charge me again for my next renewal. I guess the lesson learned is to always use incognito on public mobile website from now on. Thanks again everyone!

@a22wang- So you clicked on refresh icons or used private mode to be sure you're seeing proper information? You show a balance now? You're on the right plan? If so then I guess you're set. That balance will be used on the next renewal and then anything extra will go to your card.

a22wang

thanks boys, I contacted support about this as well. glad this community is so helpful

@softech- I think your reply was for a22wang. lawchristopher seems to have left the building.

@a22wang it is good if it stays as Available Fund on your account.  But you might want to open ticket with them and ask them why it happened, and make sure it won't happen again  🙂

(thanks @dust2dust , updated)

Look at bottom of this page and click Chatbot SiMon / Chat with Simon to start process of CSA assistance. Watch the envelop icon on top right side of page will be highlighted when they respond.

edit

a22wang

I was indeed charged twice within the span of a few days. However it does look like (so far) that what they charged my today was credited to be account balance, so assuming that at my next renewal period, my CC wont be charged again... I will confirm if this is not the case in a couple weeks... 
It absolutely blows that this company doesn't even have a support phone line in india or something

a22wang

Thanks! How do I 'contact' support? There doesn't seem to be a phone number or anything...

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

This awful caching system strikes again for both of you. These are the effects this awful system has on people. They make decisions based on the information provided. The information lies because other incorrect information is being shown. Just awful.

@a22wang- Just for clarity, this is a 30 day system, not monthly, so the renewal date changes. If you had seen the proper plan by clicking on refresh icons everywhere or using private mode then you would not have made the decision you did. You'll need to contact support and get them to credit you back the plan cost.

@lawchristopher- If you did an immediate plan change then that's also a question for support.

@lawchristopher @ @a22wang  it could be a confusion because  of cached issue.   Use Incognito mode to login My Account and go to Payment page to confirm if PM really changed you twice 

@a22wang wrote:

I had the exact same issue. My old billing cycle was on the 17th of each month. On Oct 30 I switched to the new plan, and got billed for it. I checked again today and the account page showed that it was back on the old 3G plan somehow (bug?) so I had to "change plan" again to the 4G. Got billed again. WTF!

For now...always use incognito mode when logging in to your PM account. Otherwise, you're only seeing cached data from awhile ago.

a22wang

I had the exact same issue. My old billing cycle was on the 17th of each month. On Oct 30 I switched to the new plan, and got billed for it. I checked again today and the account page showed that it was back on the old 3G plan somehow (bug?) so I had to "change plan" again to the 4G. Got billed again. WTF!

Need Help? Let's chat.