cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Charge when topping up account

NeedHelpOverpay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

After topping out, the dialogue box did not close and when I pressed cancel, it instead pressed continue and charged me $50 top up again. How do I get a refund?

9 REPLIES 9

@NeedHelpOverpay wrote:

The available funds demonstrates it charged twice. I cannot afford to leave that amount. I need a refund. How do I contact PM to request the refund?

Unfortunatelly, any refund might take about a month to complete. By that time, you likely will have needed to make another payment. I know that's not the answer that you want to hear, but it's the reality that refunds are not fast at Public Mobile, even when it's Public Mobile's mistake.

A ticket can be opened by going to: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

NeedHelpOverpay

How do I contact a PM Mod to start refund process?

NeedHelpOverpay

The available funds demonstrates it charged twice. I cannot afford to leave that amount. I need a refund. How do I contact PM to request the refund?

yes, asking PM for refund takes quite sometime.  I tried once.  Opened a ticket, the mod said he will do it back waiting another 3 or 4 days, no more reply (I wasn't taking about money back, i was just waited 3 or 4 days for them to confirm they will process).  I ended up asking them to leave them money there.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Please screenshot this from your self-serve, @NeedHelpOverpay 

HALIMACS_0-1614646042809.png

Also, this below from View Payment History for past 7 days:

HALIMACS_1-1614646096574.png

As @AE_Collector says, also keep in mind if you are on auto pay your next payments or purchases will come from your balance first, then your auto-pay. 

@NeedHelpOverpay 

Yes the easiest way if possible is to just leave the extra funds there to cover the next renewal after the one coming up. Just check to see for sure that your credit card was charged twice AND that you do actually have twice what you expected in your “Available Funds”.

AE_Collector 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@NeedHelpOverpay wrote:

After topping out, the dialogue box did not close and when I pressed cancel, it instead pressed continue and charged me $50 top up again. How do I get a refund?

@NeedHelpOverpay 

Are you sure it charged your credit card twice? If so, it may take longer to request a refund; may be easier just to keep it in your Available Funds to use on your next renewal.

Do you have a balance in your Available Funds area?

Purchasing an Add-On:

Note that purchasing an add-on is a two step process.

You should be able to use it instantly.

1-First you need to add the $ to your account and

2-then add the add-on to your account.

Don't forget to restart your phone.

*You can make the purchase via self serve account or by calling 611 on your phone.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

Need Help? Let's chat.