cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Charge on my Credit Card

dejavu89
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just a heads up to everyone to keep a check on what they have been charged by PM. For my first renewal cycle I was charged the same amount twice. I thought one wouldn't be posted but both were. Now I reached out to the customer agent with a support ticket and just got a plain reply that only one charge has been done. Naturally, I raised a dispute with my credit card provider because they can see the double charge alright.

15 REPLIES 15

dejavu89

I did mention to the bank exactly this, don't want my connection closing. But they have raised the dispute for a duplicate charge so I hope the bank and public discuss lol or else I am screwed.

If you have an active account here then I would be VERY careful about that dispute. The bank or you needs to work with Public to identify which exact charge is the problem one. There will be internal transaction identifiers that they can trace the problem charge. If you just simply do a chargeback then you will be in a world of hurt here with no one knowing which charge is invalid. Companies don't like chargebacks.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dejavu89  Pm is pretty good.. few glitches here n there but worth the effort.. .. they’ll come good for their mistakes..

dejavu89

So I got a reply from a customer agent that they can't see anything in my account history. Regarding phantom account too they can't find anything as such. Now they are forwarding to their payment department to check. Meanwhile I shared them screenshots of email from my bank so they can trace the transactions with timestamp. Transactions were around 2 hours apart.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dejavu89 .. hopefully you get it figured out.. .. being charged 2wice.. dejavu  at its worst 😂😂

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thank you for confirming that and I think you are right to be concerned for being doubled charged without your permission.

statusquo

It's a good suggestion to see if the extra charge is in the account and can be used for future bill but I don't see why a customer should be double charged in the first place.  Companies should not be doing that as some customers might need that money for other bills and not be able afford the extra charge that month.

dejavu89

Two charges were posted. Initially both were in pending, then both were posted. I even got Scene points on both charges.

dejavu89

yeah both charges were posted and which is why the bank raised the dispute. They don't raise a dispute if its a pending charge.

dejavu89

No available funds, even the payment history doesnt show anything. only one charge.

@dejavu89 wrote:

So even if a phantom account was made, I actually changed the credit card on file a few days after activation. Will the credit card change in the phantom account automatically as well? I actually got charged $31.5 after the referral adjustment of $10 and the double charge was $31.5

Do you think I should still open a support ticket?

@dejavu89  Of course I encourage you open a ticket.

But, confirm with credit card if they are real charges. Sometimes, pending charge and real charge will both show up

and yes, open ticket with PM support and ask them to escalate:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

statusquo

That would be worrisome as long as it's not just the pending charges which will show as being double charged sometimes.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@dejavu89 

Login to your account and check if the second payment amount is maybe sitting in your Account Available Funds.

If it there, you can just use that for your next renewal.

dejavu89

So even if a phantom account was made, I actually changed the credit card on file a few days after activation. Will the credit card change in the phantom account automatically as well? I actually got charged $31.5 after the referral adjustment of $10 and the double charge was $31.5

Do you think I should still open a support ticket?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dejavu89  do you recall you had any trouble during activation and need to attempt a second time?  It might be that you had gone through the activation steps more than once and a "phantom" account was created  and hence got charged twice

Open ticket with PM Support and ask them to check that as well

Need Help? Let's chat.