cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Billing with 2 providers

dragonfly99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched over with my same phone number from Public Mobile to Koodo in August.  I am still getting billed for Public Mobile in October now.  Every time I try to go online to find out why or take off my preauthorized credit card it won't let me in.  Help!  I have phoned Koodo and Telus to resolve this.  All thay say is SORRY, you can only do this online.  

9 REPLIES 9

dragonfly99

Thank you!

Are the unwanted charges happening on the same night as valid charges? Do the unwanted charges coincide with what your previous renewal date would have been? You can pause the card being used for the unwanted charges for around the date that the renewal would have happened. That will stop the "renewal" attempt. Then see what happens come next renewal time. Hopefully it will stop attempting to charge and that will be that.

Have you had no help from support on this?

dragonfly99

Thanks. Have been working on this night and day since Saturday night and of course I can't get into my online account because it is supposedly non existant but I am still charged for it...go figure.  If I cancel my card there are 2 other PM subscriptions on it.  More problems to face getting two more people onto new providers and doing all of that new credit card stuff!!!!

dragonfly99

Yes I have seen billing from both PM and Koodo for two months since I transferred to Koodo at the end of August plus 2 extra PM billings in one month!!!!!!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dragonfly99 - if the charge is from Public Mobile on your card, then you must contact Public Mobile to inquire (not Koodo or Telus). Who is telling you to do this online? And what are they telling you to do?

If you call 1-855-478-2542 or # 1-855-4PUBLIC from another device is there an active account there? Or can Public not find this number/account?

Methods to contact Public Mobile Customer Support (CSA) below:

1-Normally Faster - use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot], also found in various places in Public webpages, and bottom right corner of the page (See the Chat Bubble), 

2-OR, go to your ENVELOPE at the top right of your Community Account which is where your Inbox and Sent messages are. Select the orange/peach color box with the pencil inside it to start a new message.  Type CS_Agent in the SEND TO box. This will create a private message to Public Mobile Customer Support.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@dragonfly99 this may sound like a silly question, but are you seeing charges from PM and Koodo each month? In my case there has been more than one month that my PM service shows billed by Koodo.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

This is actually a somewhat common occurrence with this company. Way too often for my liking but we do read these stories on these rare occasions. It should NEVER happen but it seems to. But yes seemingly rarely among all the port-outs.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Hmmm, that sounds odd. If you ported your number from PM to Koodo that should automatically close your PM account. You will probably need to contact @CS_Agent via private message to have them look into it for you.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@dragonfly99 , did you port your number out to Koodo? If not, then this service remains active.  What specifically is affecting your ability to login to your online account?  If you need a support agent to remove auto pay, you can ask them to remove the credit card from the account for you using this link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

Need Help? Let's chat.