cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dont sign up! Read before you Activate! Charged cc and SIM NOT WORKING!

carr1eg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Screen Shot 2018-12-01 at 11.23.32 AM.png

After I filled out my info, referral, sim number (but no credit card yet), and clicked on next, the page was stuck in processing for a several minutes and then I got this error. I have tried incognito mode several times as well.  Seems super unreliable website to me, for a self-serve platform this is alarming...

update: after jumping through the previous hoop after filling out that form multiple times, i put my credit card in and hoped for the best... however, i got the same error!!! My credit card is already charged and when i tried the sim, it is not working at all! This issue is so common that there are others who are experience the same. From the very beginning the website has proven to be extremely buggy and unreliable. 

33 REPLIES 33

shredder

Their servers sometimes get overloaded and you get that error.  Wait at least 50 minutes and then try again.  You can also try a different browser.  That is what I did after getting that error and then I was successful.

Mbroid
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently signed up with PM (2 days ago). ported my number, inserted sim and was up and online in less than 10 minutes. So far I am totally impressed with this no frills alternative.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@carr1eg@problems

Generic error is catch all error like your PM web interface had waited too long without a reply from PM server.  I got the generic error when I go back to the previous page when PM web intereace does not expect that.

After brower restart, re-do the activation process went smoothly.

@problems wrote:

So the problem went away on its own... I guess you just have to keep trying. Maybe the website isn't designed to handle so many users. Once I got past the first step, the rest was OK

Also sometimes time is all that is required.

@problems wrote:

So the problem went away on its own... I guess you just have to keep trying. Maybe the website isn't designed to handle so many users. Once I got past the first step, the rest was OK

Glad it is sorted, this is a sweet promo so yeah, maybe the website is overloaded.

problems

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Oh, and you got the point with the thread title. Everybody needs to inform themselves about what hey are signing up for.

Read before you Activate!  

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@carr1eg wrote:

Reported to moderator as unfriendly response. 

Which one? The only unfriendly person in this thread is you.

You don't seem to recognize that members really want to help. But instead of answering their questions you keep bashing.

EDIT:

So if you do not want help from the community, the only way to get help now is waiting for the mods to respond.

@problems wrote:

I have the same problem. I can't get past Step 1. After submitting the form, the web page just loads for about a minute and then I get Generic Error. Very annoying

Hi, woukld you mind starting a new post. Better attention that way.

Go to Community, at the bottom choose the best category that represents your situation (Not Knowledge Base), click orange target at top "Start a Topic".
Please include as much information as you can about your situation.

problems

I have the same problem. I can't get past Step 1. After submitting the form, the web page just loads for about a minute and then I get Generic Error. Very annoying

carr1eg

Reported to moderator as unfriendly response. 

I am around 18 transactions now setting up new accounts for myself and family and friends and have never had any issues while setting up and I have ported a number in with each activation.  As stated you mostly see people that have issues.  Very few people that have the transaction go smoothly will take the time to report it here.  It does happen from time to time but I know there are a lot of activations that go smoothly.  I am sorry that you are experiencing an issue.  The mods will get you going and you will be happy with the savings here

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@carr1eg wrote:

I said there is no signal and there is no need for you to read the entire thread, my original post was updated for gods sake,so others can see the problem.  The phone never ever has the ability to activate a sim card. The sim card has to be activated by the carrier before inserted into the phone for it to be used. 

In order for me to know "I did answer it in my update" I would need to go back to the start and read over the post!

@carr1eg wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

@carr1eg wrote:

@Scorpi wrote:

I have the exact same issues...after few attempts it asked me to select plan/input credit card info, etc.  I thought it was going to work but came with the same error message.  Now it says invalid SIM..Tried different browsers, etc.  I sent an email to mods and waiting 4+hrs.

Seems like we shouldn't be bother with this company. I'm going to ask for a full refund.

If you are not pleased with the service, this is prepaid with no contract, you are free to leave whenever you please. Having issues on activation is not uncommon no matter which carrier you go with, I am witness to this personally and just for info, PM is the only carrier I never had issues with on activation. So you decide whether you would like assistance, but comments like this one is as you said "Indeed, not helpful".

EDIT: FYI this company is Telus!

It is helpful for people who have not sign up. I am demanding all my refund and until then, I will take this to every channel and make sure everybody knows about this. Thanks for your time. 

Apparently you have already made your mind up and you are not looking for assistance. This community consist of customers that are willing to assist other customers. Demanding a refund here is absolutely useless and will get you no where. There are ways to go about contacting the people who are employed by PM, good luck!

carr1eg

@krazykiwi wrote:

@carr1eg wrote:

@Scorpi wrote:

I have the exact same issues...after few attempts it asked me to select plan/input credit card info, etc.  I thought it was going to work but came with the same error message.  Now it says invalid SIM..Tried different browsers, etc.  I sent an email to mods and waiting 4+hrs.

Seems like we shouldn't be bother with this company. I'm going to ask for a full refund.

If you are not pleased with the service, this is prepaid with no contract, you are free to leave whenever you please. Having issues on activation is not uncommon no matter which carrier you go with, I am witness to this personally and just for info, PM is the only carrier I never had issues with on activation. So you decide whether you would like assistance, but comments like this one is as you said "Indeed, not helpful".

It is helpful for people who have not sign up. I am demanding all my refund and until then, I will take this to every channel and make sure everybody knows about this. Thanks for your time. 

carr1eg

I said there is no signal and there is no need for you to read the entire thread, my original post was updated for gods sake,so others can see the problem.  The phone never ever has the ability to activate a sim card. The sim card has to be activated by the carrier before inserted into the phone for it to be used. 

@krazykiwi wrote:

@carr1eg wrote:

I did answer it in my update.  The SIM does not work, no signal

Please do not answer questions with an update in a previous post. That would require me to go back and read the whole forum again.....Telling me "The SIM does not work" does not tell me what is happening. Is it giving you invalid sim, is it asking you do activate the sim or does just nothing happen?

With the sim in what happens if you update carrier settings?

@carr1eg wrote:

@Scorpi wrote:

@carr1eg wrote:

Please do not answer questions with an update in a previous post. That would require me to go back and read the whole forum again.....Telling me "The SIM does not work" does not tell me what is happening. Is it giving you invalid sim, is it asking you to activate the sim or does just nothing happen?

With the sim in what happens if you update carrier settings?

carr1eg

@Scorpi wrote:

carr1eg

@Scorpi wrote:

if you need assistance, it would be best if you start your own post to avoid confusion.

Go to Community, at the bottom choose the best category that represents your situation (Not Knowledge Base), click orange target at top "Start a Topic".
Please include as much information as you can about your situation.

@carr1eg wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@carr1eg wrote:

Are you a developer? I being one of the noobs use chrome 99% of the time

I'm not a developer.

Indeed not helpful

If you would like assistance, answering the questions is vital. What happens when you put the sim in your phone?

carr1eg

@Anonymous wrote:

@carr1eg wrote:

I'm not a developer.

Indeed not helpful

Anonymous
Not applicable

@carr1eg wrote:

I'm not a developer.

carr1eg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@carr1eg wrote:

Yep same thing happened to me now. Regret signing up already...

Once you get going then you'll enjoy the savings.

These sorts of possible issues are why when I start in on some kind of new service that has all kinds of hoops to go through, I use a wide open unaltered browser. I'm on W10 and so that is Edge. I allow everything to happen that a site might want to present to the browser.

I mostly use Firefox though. That I have all the lock-downs, security, filters etc. that I know of.

But...none of this helps you now. 🙂

carr1eg

CC charged and sim not working. Almost like a SCAM. Will call CC company to reverse charge if not resolved within the day.  Already messaged moderator. @CS_Agent

carr1eg

Yep same thing happened to me now. Regret signing up already...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@carr1eg wrote:

Same error. Website seems to be unreliable from the get go. Does this happen often

I don't know how many subscribers Public Mobile has and how many new ones come in all the time but of course here we only see the complaints. I gotta think there are many sign-ups that go through without a hitch. And on the odd occasion we even get people bothering to take the time to say so.

Scorpi

Need Help? Let's chat.