cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone like Public Mobile?

boomerangfarm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm only still here so I can get a refund for more service I didn't receive, but how long until I can work that out?

24 REPLIES 24

Belfry

I had an issue with my text messages for a few weeks , it turned out my sim card got damaged when putting the sim tray in my phone. I put a new sim in,so far so good.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Yes I do. And I have 3 accounts. 

Service always works 

Billing has never failed

Any CSA issue has always been resolved to my favour. 

The frustrating things are.  

1. Keep refreshing the look of web site....but is still not efficient and has errors and omissions 

2. Make the site work and be complete, listen to us, which will reduce community and CSA help

3. The self inflicted problems and need for help in general, will always be here....and help will be too. 

boomerangfarm

Things have now been worked out, and I do feel happy about the result.  Thank you for your recognition and advice.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@boomerangfarm   Sorry to hear about your experience with roaming add-ons and you're not the only person complaining as we've seen many posts similar to yours saying they were unable to use the roaming add-ons when in the US.

If you're getting the run around from CSA's, I'd ask them to escalate your request for a refund/account credit to a more senior personnel, perhaps a supervisor or even the community manager. 

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@boomerangfarm 

never, go to any store walmart in US to buy it prepaid US sim card or from online amazon ca.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I have used the US add-ons plenty of times in almost 6 years here.  Currently with the US  shutting down it's 3G network I would personally just buy the texting, and data ROAMING add-ons.  I have a family member in the US right now and these are working fine.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

boomerangfarm

When you spend $20 on a US plan and you don't get texts, can't send them, can't make calls or receive them, and your data works maybe for 5 or 10 minutes as you are travelling with children.

boomerangfarm

US add ons, they did not work AT ALL.  

boomerangfarm

US roaming package worked not at all created major dilemmas

boomerangfarm

I have contacted an agent.  If you don’t go to the US maybe all is peachy.  I’m not a fan at all of this process, has taken many hours to get not quite resolved.  

boomerangfarm

US package worked not at all, created major problems, looking for refund, not endless conversations

boomerangfarm

Maybe I will get the refund for the US package that didn’t work.  Still trying.  

boomerangfarm

If you have issues, I find this process a major drag

boomerangfarm

Ever ordered US package?  Do be done so twice.  Don’t do it, get a burner, still trying to get refund for absolutely zero service.  

boomerangfarm

I have done that still trying thanks.  Have you ever ordered a US package?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@boomerangfarm 

It has been about 1.5 years with PM.

Happy with PM so far. My monthly bill is ranges from $5 to $13 with my all my rewards on a $25 plan.

Only ran into one issue which was a backend issue with my SIM. The CS_Agent took care of it.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

I love Public Mobile! Never had any issue in 6+ years. Despite some glitches others experience with payment or self-serve, rarely anyone suffers from using services once they are set up properly. 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yes I do, thank you for asking 😄

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@boomerangfarm 

send private message PM support CS_Agent at: to get refund

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

(envelope icon on the top right) CS_Agent will reply you there.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Talk, text and a bit of data...starting at $15.

Available to buy short-term add-ons for travel to USA.

Rewards or Points to bring down already inexpensive plan.

Inexpensive long distance calling add-ons to a lot of foreign countries.

24/7 customer support via Community Forum members.

What's NOT to like ?  What issue are you having that seems to be causing you grief ?

BCW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Works fine for me, never had any problems 🤓

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @boomerangfarm what you meant by " more service I didn't receive, "?   

Something on your plan didn't work?? what is that?

Personally, I love PM.  Plans are cheap, at least the $15 and $25 plans are both great.  Rewards make the plan a lot cheaper.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

No issues here. PM provides essential service meeting my needs.

If you would present your problem we could try to assist. For account issues contact agent.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@boomerangfarm hi I don't understand your issue would you mind explaining?

Need Help? Let's chat.