cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do rewards apply to mid-month subscription plan changes?

BonnieFarmer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm just wondering if the reward discounts will apply to a change in plan mid-month, or only when the plan restarts on the next 30 days?  Thanks!

19 REPLIES 19

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@dabr @computergeek541 

I stand corrected. I looked back thru my screenshots and as far back as last spring the rewards rules did state that they would pay out your rewards on early plan changes. It just wasn't put in practice.....until recently.

@dabr wrote:

@maximum_gato    Unless I'm misreading something, I understood computergeek's response as saying that this has been official policy for a long time and it never got dropped but policy was not always being applied?

"To my knowledge, paying rewards after an imemdaite plan change has always been official policy. Years ago, it used to be that the rewards did get paid after such a plan change and it would happen automatically. Some time along the way, that stopped, but there were always references in the knowledge bases and help article that still stated that the rewards would be paid after such a plan change."

In the old help articles, mention was made to rewards being paid within 48 hours of such a plan change/early renewal.   I am not aware of any announced policy change ever occuring about that, but in practice, the reward payments for these types of plan changers did stop.  However, even after that happened, references to rewards for immediate plan changes could still be found by custonmers looking through the help information.  The most current informaiton provided by Public Mobile says that rewards will be paid in about 24 hours, although within 48 hours is actually more accurate.

@maximum_gato    Unless I'm misreading something, I understood computergeek's response as saying that this has been official policy for a long time and it never got dropped but policy was not always being applied?

"To my knowledge, paying rewards after an imemdaite plan change has always been official policy. Years ago, it used to be that the rewards did get paid after such a plan change and it would happen automatically. Some time along the way, that stopped, but there were always references in the knowledge bases and help article that still stated that the rewards would be paid after such a plan change."

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

It hasn't been official policy all along but changed sometime in the last year but likely in the last 6 months. I only hope they don't start adhering to all of tbe official policies and rules when it comes to the legacy $$ rewards program. 🤔😬

@computergeek541    Thank you for the clarification about how the rewards are applied for immediate plan changes and PM's official policy regarding this which is quite interesting.

I just wish that we had been told (or alerted) about this policy much earlier as it would seem that we have been supplying wrong information to customers who have asked about this over the last few years and instead should have been advising them to contact support if they didn't get the rewards applied on immediate plan change if this has been an official policy all along and was instead just not being properly applied by PM if I'm reading your post clearly.

@BonnieFarmer   So it would seem you are safe to change plans mid cycle without loss of rewards but no proration/refund for whatever is left of your current cycle.

@dabr wrote:

@BonnieFarmer   Unless there was a recent policy change, rewards never get applied for immediate plan changes (hence the recommendation to change at renewal option), along with no refunds/proration for current cycle, however, you will see them applied at next renewal.

To my knowledge, paying rewards after an imemdaite plan change has always been official policy. Years ago, it used to be that the rewards did get paid after such a plan change and it would happen automatically.  Some time along the way, that stopped, but there were always references in the knowledge bases and help article that still stated that the rewards would be paid after such a plan change.

Back to current time, the rewards are once again automatically getting paid after an immedate plan change.   Some of the rewards get paid the day after the immedate plan change/early renewal and some of the rewards come two days later.   The most update to date help articles also state that rewards will be paid in about 24 hours after such a plan change/early renewal.  This information isn't a recent update as the intformatiuon provided by Public Mobile used to say within 48 hours.  The only thing that has actually changed is how the system now pays out the rewards without the customer needing to request it.  I know that this has been happening for at least 2 months.

@dabr wrote:

@esjliv   I'd agree as I thought the whole point of not applying rewards for immediate plan changes was that it was essentially double dipping.  It would be interesting to have this confirmed officially, one or another..

Public Mobile customers making immedaite plan changes can work in the carrier's favor even if paying rewards again.  Early renewal mean that the customer is spending more.

@softech wrote:

@dabr @esjliv this is one of the very few glitches that favour customers.  Enjoy while it lasts:)

This isn't a a glitch and is official policy. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Comprendre 👌

@esjliv yes.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Perhaps best not to talk about glitches that go our way. je me souviens (spelt off the top of my head)

@softech wrote:

@dabr @esjliv this is one of the very few glitches that favour customers.  Enjoy while it lasts:)

But has someone said this actually happened to them @softech ?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv   I'd agree as I thought the whole point of not applying rewards for immediate plan changes was that it was essentially double dipping.  It would be interesting to have this confirmed officially, one or another..

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dabr @maximum_gato - umm ALL rewards? This doesn't make sense from a business point of view. In some cases, for example, someone with 30 refer-a-friends and renewing/or changing a plan to $15 plan. I'd be changing plans daily or renewing all the time, if that was the case. 🤣🤣

Anyone wanna test this, and let me know? 🤔

@maximum_gato   Interesting and yeah I thought I had read somewhere that there might be a change in policy and why I mentioned that aspect in my response, but I couldn't quite recall all the details and if it was officially changed or not.

So this has been confirmed that there's no loss of rewards for immediate plan changes?

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@BonnieFarmer @Handy1 @dabr 

I noticed this change in policy earlier this year and it has been reported that early renewals and immediate plan changes will have the rewards applied to the account balance 24 hours after the plan/subscription change or early renewal is paid for and new 30 day cycle begins.

From the help article on "old public rewards".....

"If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on."

I was surprised to read about this change and hear that the rewards are automatically applied 24 hours after the change of plan occurs....as far as I can recall early renewals also recieved the $$ rewards.🤔🤪😀

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@BonnieFarmer  No , that’s another reason it’s best to change plans for next renewal and so you don’t loose money on your current cycle 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@BonnieFarmer   Unless there was a recent policy change, rewards never get applied for immediate plan changes (hence the recommendation to change at renewal option), along with no refunds/proration for current cycle, however, you will see them applied at next renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.