cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not receive SMS text to validate the transfer

causacn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just activated SIM card to transfer existing phone # to public mobile. The activation is successful in summary page

---

Congratulations Zhen!

Your SIM card is now active on Canada’s largest Mobile Network"

--

But i do not receive SMS text per "Public Mobile will send you an SMS text message should we receive a request to transfer your mobile phone number to another carrier"

I am supposed to receive SMS text to confirm the transfer.

Now the old SIM card is still inside phone. What I do next?

16 REPLIES 16

@MikeU before porting is completed, the PM sim will work for outgoing calls and mobile data, but incoming calls will still going to the old provider

MikeU
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ok. Thanks.  But my new PM SIM card works already.  Odd.

@MikeU  you need to make sure Virgin sim is in the phone first, then call PM porting support and ask them to re-trigger the porting process so you can get the text again.  I will message you the number via Community inbox, please check 

MikeU

I have the same issue.  I have verification  that  my Public Mobile account is active, but I didn't receive any SMS from Virgin Mobile, my previous carrier.  I waited 3 hours, then went to bed.  I called Virgin this morning,  and they said my account still shows in their system.  My Public SIM card works. 

IsaacJinadu

I am having the same issue. Forgot to leave my old sim and I guess I missed the message. How do I re-initiate the transfer/porting process to enable me get the message from my old provider. Thanks

Was your old provider a cell provider? Or some kind of landline or cell/landline that does not do texting? If the latter then that's right, you need to manually confirm/permit.

If cell then they certainly should be sending you a text? Is the old account still active?

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi

I sent a new request, please be ready to get the message.

You have 90 minutes.

Leonardo

causacn

i called, they suggested me to call old provider to manuall approve. I will try

causacn

got, I've put old sim card back, wait for confirmation text. Do not know why it is uable to come...

Your test is a correct outcome. The last thing that gets transferred is incoming calls. That voicemail is likely your old voicemail box.

But the confirmation text needs to go to the old sim.

@causacn your issue is that the porting was not completed.   Did you get the text from your old provider yet?  you replied?

if not, please call the number I messaged you earlier 

causacn

thanks.

I did a test with putting public mobile sim card

the test result

1. outgoing call works

2. incoming call not through

it automately switch to voicemail. it looks like the issue is

"Incoming calls go straight to voicemail"

the phone setting is ok as it can take incoming call before, is it something wrong with public mobile SIM card?

Don't forget to continue to leave the old sim in when you call them. Public doesn't send it to you. The old provider does. To the old sim.

causacn

Thanks!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@causacn 

did you just activate?  It might take 30 mins to an hour to receive the text from your old provider for your approval to transfer

There is a number to all to talk to live support and the can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox.  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.