cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dec 31 1969 -service suspended

Zibby
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated my phone/sim today and set up auto pay. I cannot make calls or texts. Account status is ACTIVE but when i call *611 I get a your service is suspended due to no payment. 

Paymen tab reads: 

Available Funds: $27.00

Payment Due Date (AutoPay): Dec 31, 1969
Automatic Payment Amount: This is your plan cost minus Rewards. Any available funds will be applied first.      
Payment was withdrawn from my account. Plan is selected and shows up in plan tab. Tried the lost stolen phone trick and paying ANOTHER 27$ and nothing. 

Anyone know of a solution other than contacting a mod?
14 REPLIES 14

Zibby

My acccount no longer shows December 31 1969 but shows there is an amount owing even though when it was set up on Friday full balance was deducted via auto pay. 

Got assigned a mod. Will update.

brichoricho

Hello Alan,

I registered with PM on Friday and have tried everything within my power to correct the issue, but am still without service. I submitted a ticket the other day (99338-982) but have not yet heard back from the moderator team. Since passing the two-hour mark on Friday, I have tried:

• Resetting the phone (dozens of times);
  • Checking with my previous carrier to ensure the transfer was successful (it was); and
  • The lost/found trick (twice, once not logging out between actions and another logging out after each action).

It appears to me that the plan did not properly initialize, for in addition to the 1969 autopay error, the details of my plan are blank under the My Plan section; however, the correct payment amount was deducted from my Credit Card. I thought that maybe going to Change Plan and re-selecting the desired plan would correct the issue, but it indicated that I would lose the RBC Rewards promotion and I was unable to re-add it, so I opted out of trying this potential solution. Moreover, for some reason it has already used up two months of my RBC Reward (-$10/mo. for six months) in a matter of days. This is probably fine because it seems that the discount will sit on my balance as a credit, but it is yet another bug regardless.

Like I am sure is the case for many people experiencing this problem, I absolutely need my phone line right now and am frustrated to have had no service since joining on Friday. I chose to switch on a Friday in case there were any transfer-related problems that could be resolved by Monday, but alas, it is Monday and I am without a working phone and am expecting important calls throughout the day. If someone from the moderator team could please look into my ticket as soon as possible, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

hds635

@Alan_K  I was referred to this thead as I'm having an issue with AutoPay that resulted in a double charge. Here's my issue:

I am set up for autorenewal for my plan, however on Saturday, Sept 7th, when my plan was supposed to be automatically renewed, it was not and I was stuck without any data/service. 

I called *611, paid through the phone line with the credit card that was already on file. I immediately had my plan restored.

However, there are now two charges on my account, one was for the "automatic" renewal that didn't even happen, and the charge for my manual renewal.

Is there anyway that I can be refunded for this double payment? I don't think I'm at fault since the auto-renewal never actually happened.

Thanks in advance,

Heather

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi all,

Customers who have the 1969 due date should see their payment due date details reverted to normal and services working as normal since early Saturday. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Alan

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

@Alan_K 

It hasn't been a fun weekend for new customers and also once again autopay renewals. We've seen a few where the renewal hasn't happened then money is manually paid then the autopay is taken AND the manual payment of course but that extra payment doesn't show in Available Funds. Rather problematic to be taking money for nothing.

Do have to wonder how this stuff keeps happening. You would think that this would have been a priority to fix instead of spending time creating SIMon.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alan_K 

It hasn't been a fun weekend for new customers and also once again autopay renewals. We've seen a few where the renewal hasn't happened then money is manually paid then the autopay is taken AND the manual payment of course but that extra payment doesn't show in Available Funds. Rather problematic to be taking money for nothing.

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Luddite wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Thanks for updating that the 1969 issue seems to be resolved. If the fix occurred after midnight est do those people get the flash sale deal?

Hope for the best, have a plan for the worst. Actually, a good idea for everyone joining PM. Robot Sad

Worst cases I can recall in 4 years are a (very) few customers with no cellular service for a week; some included no service on their port-in as well..

Hi everyone,

Sorry to hear this happened, I have escalated this thread and some others to my team to look into. I will circle back as soon as I learn more.

Alan

@darlicious wrote:

Thanks for updating that the 1969 issue seems to be resolved. If the fix occurred after midnight est do those people get the flash sale deal?

Hope for the best, have a plan for the worst. Actually, a good idea for everyone joining PM. Robot Sad

Worst cases I can recall in 4 years are a (very) few customers with no cellular service for a week; some included no service on their port-in as well..

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

It appears many that experienced the 1969 issue had it resolved this morning and all is working now for them.

Could you log into your self serve account and see if there is any changes on overview page?

Does it still show 1969 or has that been changed?

Does it still show a balance in your account or has that been debited now?

@Zibby wrote:

Yeah, it's super frustrating as I am without service now as well. 

I tried all the tricks: lost stole phone, adding another payment and nothing.

I sent a private message to the mod and still waiting for a reply.

I will post an update once I get one.

Zibby

Yeah, it's super frustrating as I am without service now as well. 

I tried all the tricks: lost stole phone, adding another payment and nothing.

I sent a private message to the mod and still waiting for a reply.

I will post an update once I get one.

@4SR @Zibby Get a free voip app so you can make calls as needed. I have the one from 

from https://www.fongo.com/ . It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi. It's my backup for these situations.

Plan on this lasting several days. If the bug lasts into tomorrow, the promo could generate a long queue of tickets.

Hang in there. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

On another thread, we recommended starting a ticket. And @Luddite  just recommended the lost phone trick. These just might work.

1. Report your phone lost/stolen in the self service account and logout.
2. Wait 5-10 minutes.
3. Re-login and report phone found.
4. Reboot your phone. This seems to reset your SIM card and has been known to reactivate your account.

If that doesn't work, try manually load $1 to your account. This sometimes jumpstarts the renewal process.

OR or maybe AND

You should consider creating a support ticket. Explain your issue to SIMON, the ? comment bubble in the bottom right.

simon.PNG

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand you better. Answer his questions until you get to here:

Simon2.png

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will take over your case and respond to your concern within 48 hours. May take longer, but the promise of the new Ticketing System was that it will reduce these wait times.
About @Moderator_Team

4SR

I have the exact same problem. There appears to be a problem with the PM system. I also have a payment date of 1969. Hope this gets resolved soon. My old Bell SIM no longer works and my new PM SIM is not working either so my phone is now useless.

Need Help? Let's chat.