cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivate

Cottagegirl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Received email my phone number will be deleted in 3 days for non payment 

When I log into my account it says deactivation date is March 28 as I’ve been away on vacation. Which date is correct I don’t want to lose my phone number thank you

17 REPLIES 17

Correct. Your plan amount needs to somehow get in to your balance and then the plan will renew. Autopay only happens once at renewal. That's the only time autopay happens.

Cottagegirl

So I don’t just turn on auto pay for March 28

actually have to add $25 on my Visa card and send payment they my bank

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Cottagegirl 

Depending how important you want keep your number. You might want to login to account and enable AutoPay in the Payment section.

To reactivate a suspended account you need to make a manual payment - just toggling on auto payment at this stage doesn't do anything for the OP's scenario.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Cottagegirl 

Remember once your account is closed, you won’t be able to login to your account, you will lose your number, you will need to purchase a new SIM and pick a new number.

Depending how important you want keep your number. You might want to login to account and enable AutoPay in the Payment section.

@Cottagegirl wrote:

I went out of country December 16 would that have made any difference to the deactivation status as I didn’t remove auto pay until December 25 roughly

Did you report the phone lost / stolen before you left? If so the 90 day clock started ticking on the day you toggled lost/stolen.

If the plan went full circle and just suspended when autopay failed (in the early hours of December 28) then your last day of suspension before loosing your number and account should be March 27.

@Cottagegirl no, the day you left Canada does not matter

If you disabled Pre-authorized payments, then Pm won't be able to renew the account on the renewal day, 90 days from. the first day of suspension will be the date the account will be closed

I suggest you not to wait till last say of that 90 days to reactivate, reactivate earlier as you don't want to loss the number 

That is unusual, however public mobile’s notification systems, such as when data or US roaming add-ons are set to expire, have been pretty useless in recent times.

To be 100% certain, get it in writing from the customer support agents.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 

2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Cottagegirl

I went out of country December 16 would that have made any difference to the deactivation status as I didn’t remove auto pay until December 25 roughly

Cottagegirl

Yes I was thinking I would pay by the 25th for sure but don’t know why this three day message came to me by email

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

I think those alerts might not be entirely reliable.

However, If I wanted to keep a number / account that is currently suspended, I would not leave reactivation until the last day, in this case March 27, 11:59 PM EDT. 

I have my suspension calendar reminders set to day 85, so that I have time to react if something about the reactivation didn't go smoothly and needed CSA intervention.

@Cottagegirl 

then, your last date that service must be resumed by reactivating with a payment would be before March 28.

In all honesty, I would plan to do it around the 25th or 26th to avoid any issues. 

Cottagegirl

Thanks I’ll try that

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Cottagegirl If any question, I'd reach out to CSA just to have them confirm.  Sounds like it should be 28th, but you should make sure the system hasn't made a mistake.  CSA should be able to see and confirm what the system is going to do.

You can contact an agent using the chatbot.  Type "agent" and click contact us to go through the wizard.

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

If for some reason they don't respond to the ticket, you can try to send an email directly to the CS Agent here.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Here is a help article about how to contact the CS Agent.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Cottagegirl

That’s what I was thinking my last payment was November 28 for 30 days. Billing date says coverage November 28 to December 28 then I turned off auto pay

Cottagegirl

My last payment covered November 28 to December 28

then I turned off auto pay

When I log into self-serve it says deactivation date is March 28 not in three days

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Cottagegirl when was your last payment date?  honest, if site says Mar 28, that should be the correct date

Login My Account using Incognito mode just to confirm 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Cottagegirl 

Make sure what your viewing on the self serve screen is up to date by tapping the little refresher icons when on there.

Another way to tell is at 90 days from the first date the service was suspended. That’s the date that payment must be made by to resume service and ensure the account is not terminated.

Need Help? Let's chat.