Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

laysjoseph
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My data will not work

8 REPLIES 8

@Hannamgr this is a common device issue. The phone usually tries to hold on to the WiFi connection to save your mobile data

You can try to enable WiFi Assist or Adaptive WiFi if your phone offers such option (but there is bad side to it too.  Your data could be used in other unexpected situations 

Hannamgr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’ve had some issues with that the data will not work. My issue was if I was near a knowed wi fi connection and was having problems with connecting to it, my data would not work unless I shut wi fi setting to off.

Plan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Go to your phone's  settings and make sure data is enabled - also enable MMS etc in text and voice settings. Hope that will prove to be a quick fix for you.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@laysjoseph Voice call works? And you enable Mobile Data on your phone?  

You can try to change your Preferred Network to 3G Only /  WCDMA Only

You might want to try Reset Network (Keep in mind this will clear you saved WiFi connection and you have to rejoin them)

Best is to at least tell us if it works on your current phone before and what brand and model is your phone

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@laysjoseph  Do all other services work?

If just data and you have an iPhone 

Go to Settings >> General >> Profiles remove any data or vpn profiles there

(if you don't see the profile tab. It means you don't have any profiles installed so you can go to the next step)

Reset network settings: Go to Settings >> General >> Reset >> Reset network settings. The phone will switch off and restart automatically in a few minutes.

Once the phone restarts switch on airplane mode and switch off.

Now try and connect to a Web page via safari

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

More info needed?

Did you check your account - do you Have data available?

Is your DATA set to on? Does other services work, etc. etc.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

New customer? Old customer? Did it ever work here? Is your data on? Do you have data left on your account? Does your phone have data blocking options on?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @laysjoseph  give us more info.

Are you new to PM?

Check My Account  to see if you used all data

Check APN and Carrier profile

Try Pm sim on another phone

Need Help? Let's chat.