cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buy a phone webpage doesn't work

nlach71
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have gone to the "shop phones" webpage and when I click on any of the listed phones (on the pic or on the "more detail" button) nothing happens. There does not appear to be a URL associated with the item. I have tried 4 different browsers (firefox, brave, chromium, duckduckgo)  on 2 different operating systems (linux, android): all the same result. I have turned off ad block. There are no other questions about this in Community, so I'm thinking it must be me, but I am out of ideas.

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @nlach71 Telus owns PM, I wonder if the site refer any object there and make the ad blocker thinks it is not legit.  But glad you have it figured it out

nlach71
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I posted the original complaint. Thanks for all the suggestions, but it turns out it was a (fairly obscure) ad block issue. I am using pi_hole LAN ad blocker on a raspberry_pi on my home network. It appears that pi_hole thinks that the link to phones and plans point to an ad site, so it throws it away. I removed the raspberry_pi from my network and all was OK, I was able to buy the phone.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Have the same issue, using Brave too.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I noticed the same on brave, but I also didn't investigate much ... But I was already in private mode 🤔

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Any luck? I just tried it on my phone and my laptop with no issue 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

I just tried it and it seems to work ok for me using Firefox.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@nlach71 

I just tried and it works for me.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@nlach71 

Did you try clearing cache and cookie then go incognito?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @nlach71   probably just a browser issue

try a different browser, firefox/chrome/edge

or Incognito mode

or clear cache

[browser ad blocker too aggressive ................ Luddite]

Need Help? Let's chat.