cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage may not be accurate

darham
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It seems like everytime I check my data usage through my account it doesn't change much even though I'm sure I've used my mobile data instead of on my WiFi. I even turned on my mobile Hotspot and paired my VR HEADSET to the connection and did multiple GB updates, then no change in data used showing in my Public Mobile account. 

12 REPLIES 12

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@darham - call 611 from your phone, you can get the full data remaining to use on your account in MBs (edit this includes any addons you may also have). Does it match what you see on your screen in My Account?

hi @darham 

try to click the refresh spinner under the usage section 

or try to use another browser, download another one

darham

Tried both of those modes and no difference, right now I only have my cell to go online so don't know if using a different device will show different results. I will try that though next time I get near a PC.

Hi @darham   it is  browser cache problem, login my account using Incognto/Private/Secret mode , your usage you see should be the updated one

darham

I have an android phone so no Safari but have tried those modes both in Google and Google Chrome, no change.

@darham - have you refreshed your My Account as described above to confirm you are actually seeing the correct information?

darham

I do that and also reset the website and still no change

darham

No, what I meant was that when I turn on my mobile Hotspot on my cell then pair my VR HEADSET to it, then do updates for my VR that are large GB there is still no or little change in my PM account data usage

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@darham 

I'd be more concerned that if you're finding you're doing multiple data add-ons ( if that's what you mean by "multiple GB updates" ), that perhaps you may want to consider a higher data plan with public mobile.

I believe the 20GB is still on for $45 and the 15 GB for $40.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@darham  

Try  again  incognito mode/private mode or a different device or lap top or simply try refreshing the page when logged in

Handy1_0-1675560581389.png

For most up to date account info

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@darham   PM My Account has some cache problem. You likely still checking the old cached page.  

To avoid confusion, always use Incognito mode (or Private mode on Safari) and you will see the correct usage

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@darham  - you may be seeing old cache data on My Account, ensure you click the circle arrow thingy to get the most updated info.:

esjliv_0-1675256565571.png

Need Help? Let's chat.