cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data, text not working after switching from 3G to 4g data plan

euphorialjc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently switched from a 3G plan to a 4G plan and it seems to have broken my service overall. I can no longer send or receive text messages or data, and when I made a phone call, it shows me as a private number despite being saved in the call recipient’s contacts. I have confirmed the new plan is active without any issues on the account, have tried resetting my phone, network settings, as well as changing apn settings as specified in a public mobile help article. I am on an iPhone 11 Pro Max.

14 REPLIES 14

good to hear, glad you are back on track. I just hope they are cleaning up this issue because it seems to be happening to many.

euphorialjc

Customer Support has performed a network refresh which has resolved the issue.

Moved:

Posts that say exactly the same thing as another post from more than 3 hours ago are unnecessary.

@hairbag1- I might imagine I might know a thing or two about cars but...what are "high compression" hubcaps? 🙂

...can I get high compression hubcaps with mine please.

@madeehac wrote:

@Meow I just went through this,  took them 3 days to fix,

I hear you... These upgrades are like buying the cheapest car trim and then start to upgrade it: adding LED lights, subwoofer, amplifier, quad exhaust, this and that and at the end you end up with overpriced piece of crap needing by-weekly maintenance as not all parts want to work together at the same time.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@madeehac 

This is the first I've ever heard of this kind of a glitch but glitches are something Public Mobile does really really well. I don't know do we get a bunch of CSA's now that are spendthrifts when it comes to doling out customer service? Yes you can rightfully demand a credit for your hassle. While asking for something reasonable is the best plan if you're unhappy with what they offer you can always mention that you will file a ccts complaint to resolve the issue instead that would usually get you what you want within reason.

@madeehac   honest, any provider will have hiccups here and there.  Even Rogers can screw up the whole country for 2 days

For the 3 days of service, reply them, push them for senior to review.  Usually PM is very generous in compensation.  It was likely just level 1 support replying based on their scripts

For the text, PM/Telus server will keep the text and resend within 5 days.  There is a chance that you will get them in the end. 

madeehac
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Meow I just went through this,  took them 3 days to fix,  and they basically told me they don't guarantee any level of service.  I never got the missing texts from the 3 days and I know people have sent me texts including e-transfers. They told me to try convince people to resend the missing e-transfers. They also said they aren't required to refund the days without service since they are prepaid?? But they would make an exception in my case 🙄 I'm definitely never upgrading plans because I don't want to go through this again and am looking for another provider but they all seem just as bad

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Meow 

Lol.... There will be just a bunch of customers with $15 plans and $55 plans and a sprinkling of $25 plan holders.

And the hold outs with the unlucky $13 plan and the fall 2016 promo.

@darlicious wrote:

@euphorialjc 

And another one bites the glitch. You will have to submit a ticket or a private message to customer support. I do believe the fix is to reprovision your sim card but don't quote me on that. Use the links as supplied above.

With all these glitches I wonder will PM have customers in a year or two... Or those who stay will be at lowest plan with no intention to upgrading.

euphorialjc

Thank you, I tried removing and reinserting the SIM card as suggested by @Outdoorsman but it didn’t help so I have now sent a PM using the provided link.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@euphorialjc 

And another one bites the glitch. You will have to submit a ticket or a private message to customer support. I do believe the fix is to reprovision your sim card but don't quote me on that. Use the links as supplied above.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@euphorialjc 

hi there have been issues with plan changes latetly, remove sim and reseat it reboot phone if it doesn't help contact a service rep 

There are two ways to contact a customer service agent , open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca

Or  private message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user

Need Help? Let's chat.