cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data stopped working

veronika488
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I went out of town and my data stopped working. Had to rely on finding wifi spots the whole trip.  Was in big cities (Toronto and Kingston) so coverage should not have been an issue.  Checked my data limits and I was not over.  Now is working fine again.  Have gone out of town lots of times with no issues.  Worried it will happen again.

5 REPLIES 5

raymondzhou122
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This happens to me sometimes, try switching from 3G to LTE or vice versa. It might work.

@RossN 

Going from city to city isn't roaming, but I agree that troubleshooting will be difficult ehen all is working again. I suspect that this issue was beyond the customer's control.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You should rely on info when logged in to your account / My Data and Add-ons will let you know how much data you have consumed since last renewal.

Sounds to me like you ran outta data whilst on the road, then when you were home...your regular plan renewal occurred...giving you a fresh supply of data to use again.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@veronika488 hello that shouldn't be, it's a little hard to diagnose the issue now that your home and it's working again, roaming should be consistent across the country, especially in big cities like Toronto it shouldn't happen again.Is it possible you ran out of data while you where there and now since your home a new cycle has started?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@veronika488 try a device reboot first 

what town is that?

Also, do you see the phone connected to PM network at all? Voice working? or the phone is not connecting to any network at all?

Need Help? Let's chat.