cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a second sim card to the same account

klino85
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello. I would like to add a second sim card to the same account, How could I do this?

16 REPLIES 16

Samsung has an excellent chat or I think even call centre. They can supply you with an unlock code. Rather than  wrestling with Robbers.

@computergeek541 

Good point but I was thinking of an actual Rogers store.

Worst comes to worst, a mom and pop cell repair store will unlock it at a cost.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@klino85 

Yes, you need to bring it into a Rogers store and have them unlock it for you.

It will make it easier for Rogers to unlock it for you if you still have the Rogers account number and phone number but not necessarily.

I would just call Rogers customer service.  Many Rogers retails locaitons will be franchise owned and may not wish to assist or will receive nothing out of helping the customer with this.

@klino85 

You can also call Rogers with the IMEI number of the phone. Dial *#06# on your phone to get this number but it would be easier for you to just bring it into a Rogers store.

I hope this helps and good luck.

@klino85 

Yes, you need to bring it into a Rogers store and have them unlock it for you.

It will make it easier for Rogers to unlock it for you if you still have the Rogers account number and phone number but not necessarily.

@klino85 wrote:

I used it 5 years ago with Rogers and last 5 years it was sitting in a box. You think they still have PIN code for it?

Yes, they will have it. They have to give you the unlock code upon request.  A tip:  When talking to Rogers, don't mention a "PIN code". You'll likely end up with the wrong code.  You'll want to inform that you have a phone locked to Rogers and want them to unlock it/for them to give you the unlock code.

klino85

I used it 5 years ago with Rogers and last 5 years it was sitting in a box. You think they still have PIN code for it?

klino85

It is my old phone, like 7 years old Samsung( But I used it only 2 year and than it was in a box) I gave it to my son now. 

@klino85 wrote:

Ok So I created new account and inserted new sim card in a phone so now it is asking me for SIM network unlock PIN. Where can I find it?

You would need to contact the carrier that your phone is locked to get this code.  You'll only be able to use this phone at Public Mobile after you have this code.

@klino85 

Did you just buy this phone privately?

It sounds like the phone is locked. 

What is the make and model of your phone?

klino85

New phone number, I turned it off than on. Still the same message. If I dismiss it that I got a different message "Invalid sim card, network locked SIM card inserted"

@klino85 

If you need the PIN for the SIM, you need to contact a CS_Agent via SIMon Chatbot and type in "create a ticket for SIM PIN" or private message them with the envelope icon above. They will pm you back.

Unfortunately, staff is available from 6:00am to 11:00pm EST.

If you have a Samsung phone, sometimes you will need to contact Samsung Canada for a PIN but this is rare.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@klino85 

If you are porting an old number over to PM. You will need to leave the old SIM in your phone and wait for a text confirming you are porting over to PM.

If you are picking a new number, just activate the SIM with a new email address then power off the phone and insert the SIM and power back on...it should work right away with the new number.

klino85

Ok So I created new account and inserted new sim card in a phone so now it is asking me for SIM network unlock PIN. Where can I find it?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@klino85 

Sorry unfortunately can't add another line to the same account.

You will need to create a new email address for the second account for the second line.

Eg. Klino2@gmail

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You can't. One sim, one number, one email address, one account.

Need Help? Let's chat.