cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data speed very slow

Credence1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi community,

I have $39 20 gb 4g plan. I did a speed test which said I'm only getting 6.75 mbps download and 10.7 mbps upload. Is that normal? It also shows my ip as Montreal when i live in Nova Scotia.

7 REPLIES 7

Credence1

Ok that makes sense, thanks again!

@Credence1 yes, Public Mobile's subscribers in Maritime provinces are using Quebec IP as PM uses Telus and Bell infrastructure and their major operations for eastern Canada is in Quebec 

@Credence1 Are you talking about your IP or are you talking about the speed test server location?

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You should change your plan by going into your account then clicking on "Change Subscription" and select the 34$ 5G plan. That is the exact same plan as you have but is 5G instead 4G and has unlimited data.

Credence1

Thanks for that suggestion! I reset network and changed to 4g and and saw 33.6 mbps download speed. Then changed back to 5g automatic and saw 98 mbps so maybe just network traffic I guess. 

Is it normal to always have IP address in Montreal when i live in Nova Scotia? When i search Google it always shows my location as Montreal.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Credence1 

Start with Reset All Networks and test again

Also, try to change and test the different network mode, try Automatic and try 4G and test each mode to see which one has a better speed

And of course, try in different area in case it is only a local network issue

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

There are so many things that can factor into disconnection like location at time of usage, are you moving around the home or business, external interference, your phone....    you just have to figure out what factors into the disconnection. 

Just a heads up though, you may wish to check out the current deals as the same plan you have now is the same price but 5G speeds plus unlimited data.

https://subscribe.publicmobile.ca/en/on/activation/plans/20GB-5Gspeed

Need Help? Let's chat.