My bill has doubled !!!!!

Ganbro
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the $25.00/ MONTH plan

• 1024 MB at 3G Speed
  • 30-day plan
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text

It used to cost me $18.40 taxes included.

Now it is costing me $28.75 a month for the same plan and somehow I am being charged an extra $25.00 for  1GB at 3G Speed data - 30-day plan that I did not ask for or buy. This extra charge is being done automatically on my plan renewal date.

Please reimburse me the April 15th and May 15th extra charges for data in the amount of $50.00 and stop charging me for this extra data automatically.

Your new point system is way less attractive as the old one.  I will have to look elsewhere for a better deal.  So disappointed by this drastic change Public Mobile has done.  After attracting loyal clients, now you are strangling us in these hard economic times.

3 REPLIES 3

marek65465
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes new point system is really bad. On top of that, public mobile has new subscription plans available to new customer only so we can't benefit from that... Time to jump ship!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Ganbro , you have been switched to the points system.  So you are earning points for referral, loyalty and community rewards.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ganbro 

you might have missed the announcement about rewards system change back in March

PM retired the old reward system this month (May) and everyone migrated on the new Public Points system. 
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

With this new system, you pay the full amount first (with the Available Funds on your My Account or via your credit/debit card on the system), and hence you see a higher charge now. 
Then PM will give you the points to your point account after renewal within 48 hours.  Once you collected 15 points, you can redeem $15 bill payment yourself to bring the next payment down.  Or you can also use points to buy add-ons with a discounted price

For how to earn points with Public Points,

• you will get the same friend referral, 1 point (= $1) for every referral every month.
  • Instead of $2 autopay, you earn 5% point of your spending in points (plan renewal or add-on purchrases). 
  • Instead of loyalty rewards, you will earn 10 points on your Anniversary date every year 
  • You will still earn Give-Back rewards by participating in the Community. Everyone has a chance to earn can  1/2/5/10/15/20 points depends on the overall participation of the month 

I have to admit Public Points rewards is not as good as the Legacy rewards system, but you are still saving money, just in a slower pace 

Here is more information about the rewards system migration:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

Need Help? Let's chat.