cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working, data usage does not show up on self serve

NSS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is my first time seeking help on this community. How should I go about fixing this issue?

11 REPLIES 11

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@czar4you wrote:

@mimmo just installed but have you read privacy policy? It states that they can sell your phone data usage stats to 3rd party advertising companies. Also app is not optmized for iPhone X

@czar4you unfortunately I'm not aware of any other options for iPhone, though they certainly may exist!  But yes, this is exacly why I always recommend Data Witness PM over My Data Manager for Android users, due to this privacy concern

For anyone curious, here's the privacy policy:  http://www.mydatamanagerapp.com/privacy-policy/

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

@czar4you sorry if I was misunderstood, I was suggesting setting a monthly limit of 4gb month. And then adjust your data limit manually say 1/2 way through.  Yes, not ideal and its not the same as 90 days 12gb. But this way there is no data being reported. 

That is of course if there are no other iPhone x optimised apps.

czar4you

@mimmo you cant do it for 90 day plan of 12gb, also its iOS. Thats only available on android 

mimmo

@czar4you there might be other apple data tracking apps. Those ate the two I have heard of on the forums.

Or you could set data limits for each month and adjust accordingly.

czar4you

@mimmo just installed but have you read privacy policy? It states that they can sell your phone data usage stats to 3rd party advertising companies. Also app is not optmized for iPhone X

mimmo

@czar4you try datawitness pm for android and mydatamanager (android and apple)

they are both great apps for data  tracking 

czar4you

I encountered a same issue. I ended up calling support, 611 and the guy said to me...."You only have voice and text" This scared me, since data usage was not mentioned at all. 

I agree, its dumb if you use up your data, it does not indicate anywhere that its used up but rather looks removed. If i navigate to usage history, there is data column which is always empty and useless.

What we need is the app and better way to manage data.

srlawren

@NSS please see @ShawnC13's response:  your plan data has been used up if it stops showing in the My Data & Add-on section of the self-serve overview page.  You can either purchase data add-on(s), live with just WiFi (where available) until your next plan renewal, or make a 1-time payment (top-up) for your renewal cost and contact the moderator team via private message to ask them to renew your plan early.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

rohith_reddi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can you explain in detail your problem is you cannot see how much data you have used right???

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@NSS, if your data has just stopped and is no longer showing up in your selfserve that means you have used up your plan data.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.