cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data no longer working after changing monthly plans

Nelson11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there - I recently swapped from 1 plan with 1 GB of data to the new 40GB at 4G speed for $29.

I have an Iphone 11.

I had been using data for the occasional search on google, playing music off spotify, and messaging through a few different apps. As soon as i swapped to the new plan, All data stopped working excluding the messaging functionalities in Imessage and facebook messanger. I can no longer google, use google maps, or search/play music on spotify. Any ideas on why this might have happened overnight?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

@Nelson11  If you have access to another working phone try the sim card in there and vice versa.  Sometimes that can get things going or can at least point to where the issue could be.   If nothing helps and you want to contact customer service in case something needs to be done at their end, submit a ticket at the chat icon bottom right of this page.

Nelson11

I tried this a few days ago, and just retried for 10 minutes now. No luck with this, so I am going to try @eddieO 's suggestion when I have a bit more time.

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If Phil_Adelphus' suggestion does not work you might want to try turning off Cellular Data and try accessing web sites or apps with Wifi only to see if it works, this will at least give you an idea if it's related to your phone or the service.

Another option is to try network reset by doing the following: On your iPhone go to settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone >  Reset > Reset network settings > Enter your passcode > Reset

@Nelson11   In that case have you tried turning the phone off, waiting a few minutes and turning it back on again?   

Nelson11

Hey there @Phil_Adelphus ! I got the text offering the $29 plan, and it stated it would activate on May 18 (which it has according to the Subscriptions & add on page). It shows 0.04/40 GB used, so I believe it has changed to the new plan. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Nelson11  Unless you got the text offering you the $29 plan you should not have been able to get as it is for new activations only.  If you check your account, what does it show as your plan?  If it didn't actually change and you still  have the original plan maybe you have used your 1GB?

Need Help? Let's chat.