cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data and us add-on

Amanda24
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why does my data not kick in when. I have no wifi access? My add-on expires in 2 days and I remember having renewal issues with a gap on service. I want to be able to use my data in the US and purchase another add-on without any interruption in my service 

23 REPLIES 23

Amanda24

Ding ding ding - I think we have a winner, folks. LTE seems to be the ticket!

Amanda24

🤦🏻‍♀️I did initially have it on...not sure at which point in time in inadvertently got switched off so t

1000001819.png

hanks for noticing!

@Amanda24   Try it on LTE because I believe 5G doesn't work on one of PM's US partners.  Also it looks like you don't have data roaming turned on?

Amanda24

1000001835.png

1000001836.png

@Amanda24 

try selecting T-Mobile as the carrier using the method I provided in the last post. if that doesn't work I would contact customer support

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

*customer support doesn't always respond promptly. please be patient and check your inbox every few hours to see if there is a response

CSA are available from
- Monday to Friday: 6AM- 10PM EST
- Saturday and Sunday: 6AM- 10PM EST  

Amanda24

This is what happens when I turn off WiFi:

1000001834.png

Amanda24

It's been there all along, though, and no data

@Amanda24 

yes, leave the device on that setting. turn off your wifi and test to see if your data is working. also make sure to select either T-Mobile or at&t as the network. to do this go to that same settings page and scroll down and disable "automatically select network" and you will be able to select the carrier. 

what's the make and model of the device? 

Amanda24

This reply sounds promising!! Can you please advise again based on attached screenshot?

1000001833.png

@Amanda24 

yes, your $40/5gb plan is old an outdated. there is a cheaper $34/20gb 5g plan. I suggest you schedule a plan change today and set it to change on your renewal date. as for your data not working in the states, make sure your device network is set to auto and not 3g. the Americas have disabled 3g. go to the settings menu on the device where you posted that screenshot, scroll down and change your "preferred network type" to auto 

@Amanda24   Just FYI there are currently $34 plans with 20GB of data at either 4G or 5G speed.

Amanda24

Thanks - I have sent a help request to an agent. It's just my data that isn't working. My $40 plan is when I'm in Canada, where everything works fine, but I always seem to have some sort of issue with a US add-on/roaming pkg

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Amanda24   I expect an agent is helping you by now, but I just wonder whether you are connecting to AT&T or T-mobile (does anything work or just not data?) and whether your phone is set to LTE or is it 3G since you have a 3G plan.   I notice your plan is $40 for 5GB at 3G speed, there are better plans available now so you might want to look into switching at some point.

Amanda24

1000001832.png

I see. Just reach out to an agent.

Amanda24

1000001831.png

Amanda24

I do have a total of 3 but set it at 2 so as not to exceed 

@Amanda24 

You need AutoPay to be enabled for continue service on your account to connect to T-Mobile/AT&T.

But it is strange that you have 2gb of data because US Add-on have 3gb of data with the bundle roaming.

If you are viewing your remaining data, refresh the browser by clicking on the circular arrow. The PM app will be up to date.

IMG_0148.png

Maybe private message a CS_Agent and have them check into your data.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Amanda24

1000001819.png

Amanda24

Thanks for purchase info. How do I know the exact moment it expires, in order to then repurchase? Why do I have to wait if auto-pay is selected?

Amanda24

1000001819.png

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Amanda24 

Best login to your account make sure AutoPay/Subscribed button is enabled so you won’t have any problems with your renewal.

Check your current US Add-on data usage to see if you used it up. You will have to wait until your current US Add-on expires first before making another US Add-on purchase.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Amanda24    you sure you still have data addon  left?  Login My Account again using Incognito/private/secret mode in your browser and check again

And make sure your phone does not habe a data limit enabled 

Need Help? Let's chat.