cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data add-ons expire now?

Miles1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just purchased a 3gb data addon and noticed that it has an expiry date? (27/30 days left) I know before all these changes once I bought an addon it sat there until I used it. Has this changed?

11 REPLIES 11

Sparky1967
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Absolutely horrible decision! If another provider arrives with similar pricing, I'm out of here.  Loyalty begets loyalty.

hyT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Miles1 

Most of us feel that the new points system is not as good as the old rewards system. Do not switch to the points system. You are NOT obligated to switch to points even when you switch you phone plan (or subscription, which is the new term they use).

hyT

@Miles1 

sorry, it is up to mobile provider to design different plans and addon with different policy, something PM has full right on and it is certainly in compliant with CRTC guidelines.   The new expiry on data add-ons might not be a welcoming move to many subscribers, but most providers, if not all, have similar no roll over policy with addon  

Miles1

Yeah that really sucks - Someone is a greedy goblin who made that decision. I wonder if a crtc complaint will do anything.

Miles1

Will I still get my points discount if I switch plans? I haven't switched to the new points system yet as I don't understand it.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Currently only add-on minutes do not expire.

Canada Data expire within of 30 days from purchase and all US add-ons expire after 15 days.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Miles1 wrote:

I just purchased a 3gb data addon and noticed that it has an expiry date? (27/30 days left) I know before all these changes once I bought an addon it sat there until I used it. Has this changed?

@Miles1 , unfortunately they do 😞. As of last week they still had a notice on there stating that they do expire 30 days after purchasing. I don’t know why they removed it! Sorry.

We even have a post about it hoping Public Mobile will reverse the decision of the Canada Add-Ons Data expiration! “Clarification of Public Mobile Data Add on Expiry Changes and US Roaming Add ons”. Wishful thinking I guess 😞 

IMG_0153.jpeg

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Miles1 

sorry, rule has changed, data add-on now comes with a 30 days life  😞

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Miles1  Yes sorry this just changed with new system update . If you haven’t used it yet you can can ask for refund possibly . But also considers there’s a promo plan right now for 20GB for $39 that won’t expire . Just change plan for next renewal if this interests you 

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Miles1  

yes, data addon purchased after May 8 , 2023 hav a 30 days expiry now, since 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Miles1 

yep, things have changed...not for the better as you've found out !

Need Help? Let's chat.