cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing Plan want to upgrade to esim if possible

johntofflemire
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Morning, just wondering if I can get an esim for my existing account (convert sim card to esim), not sure if it is working yet ?  If so, how do I go about getting an esim from Public ?  Pictures would help.

Cheers !

John

8 REPLIES 8

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@johntofflemire 

Happy to tell you that Telus has the plan for PM to roll out eSIM for everyone, new and existing.. and the plan is  NOW!!

Existing subscribers can now migrate to eSIM as well:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/eSIM-now-available-for-new-amp-existing...

SnowChamps
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes possible with a workaround - just switch to another provider temporarily and then switch back tp PM and effectively you will then be a "new" user with eSIM option.

@calldavec- Nobody here knows anything about the future plans here. It's the problem with stating things that then make it sound like fact. There is no "sounds like". We can't even predict any eventuality. I recently read on iphoneincanada that Telus and Koodo can do this and that Telus has no known plan for letting Public do it. All we can say is hopefully maybe some day Public can do it. That is not saying it's going to happen. Just simply hoping. Saying that it will is an invention out of thin air with no basis.

calldavec
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ha!  Just trolling through similar feeds here in the community.  General impression from what others have been saying. 

@calldavec 

Yes, we are waiting to have good news soon on this topic

AFAIK, PM is working on eSIM for existing customers but is not working due to some system limitation.  It should be here soon, hopefully we have good news later in the summer

But for now, physical sim is still the only way for existing customers

@calldavec- Could you point out where you "heard this sound" 🙂 ?

calldavec
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sounds like they may have some news on this later in the summer.  Working on rolling out to new customers and getting the bugs out of the system first, but it will eventually come to us existing customers.  I damaged my sim port last week (playing around with a European sim card for an upcoming trip) and now have to roll with two phones until I can active the Public Mobile esim.  

@johntofflemire wrote:

Morning, just wondering if I can get an esim for my existing account (convert sim card to esim), not sure if it is working yet ?  If so, how do I go about getting an esim from Public ?  Pictures would help.

Sorry, but there's no option for this.

Need Help? Let's chat.