cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage

Ricoaiarte
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My Android phone shows that I have less that 20 mb of data, but my account shows that I have 850 Mb left on my account, This is rendering this phone useless to me, why is there such discrepancies? 

Pubic Mobile Chat is more or less an endless loop of nonsense 

5 REPLIES 5

umnikke8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The current Public system shows an extra 100MB data used in the usage overview whenever your phone is online. The actual usage is still tracker correctly, but the overview is always wrong.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Data usage is updated two times a day. Data provider's data tracking will never be equal to what your phone says.

You should go by what PM says, not what your phone.

Ricoaiarte
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

understood, thank you

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Ricoaiarte 

PM has a 30 days cycle and the cycle start date move, it will move up one day for long month

Your android data counter is a monthly one, so you need to manually change the cycle start date to make it right.  did you do that?

if the cycle start date is in line with your current PM cycle, then ask PM support agent to look into it

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Ricoaiarte 

Logout and clear the cache on your browser and login to your account again. Your account will show your current usage but note that PM updates your usage around noon and around midnight.

If you have a data counter app on your android. Disable it because PM is in a 30 days cycle and the app is on a monthly cycle so it won’t match.

Need Help? Let's chat.