cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Roaming Option

JenM86
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a plan that includes in Canada and in USA data. I entered the states today and I have not been able to use my phone until I reached wifi. When I go to turn data roaming on, it gives me an option to choose either off or my primary number. I don’t know why it says primary number as it’s my only number. But regardless I have no way to simply turn “data roaming on”

16 REPLIES 16

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hTideGnow @JenM86 The Settings app is tricky, if you have only one SIM you will get the screen @Handy1 posted, but if there are multiple (which is the case here because of the "Business" Line) it moves the cellular settings around like the image below. With this layout you don't press "Cellular Data" but the "Primary" line instead to enable data roaming or change the network selection. Hope that helps.

golfball_0-1728531533023.png

@Handy1 wrote:

I assumed OP already tried reseting network settings I said that in my first reply . 

HI @Handy1 I assumed so too.  But I seen in some cases that people need to Reset Network Settings multiple times to get things working

and if nothing helps, I think a trip to Apple store would worth it

Of course, OP can also test the PM sim card in another phone if he have one around

I assumed OP already tried reseting network settings I said that in my first reply . Did you try reseting the network and or just reboot the phone @JenM86 

HI @JenM86 

something not right, I don't think Koodo will lock the network carrier screen, only some US carriers did that

Again, start with Reset All networks,  and you might want o remove your sim card and put it back in and see if that screen will come back out

Idea is it is better to test all 3 networks and see which one connects well

JenM86

iPhone 11. Got it from Koodo 3 years ago. After my contract ended I switched to public mobile. 

HI @JenM86 

where did you get your iPhone from? is that a Canadian model or US or one from another country?

Try Reset Network Settings first and see if the screen come back

if not, you might want to visit Apple store in your area as it is a device issue. Look like your device has some kind of lock somehwere

@JenM86  Maybe ask support if they can refresh your account on  there end . That’s strange I don’t know why your missing the proper screen to select data roaming 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agent

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

JenM86

Mine is saying 17.6.1 with no option to update on that screen

JenM86

There is no option to choose a mobile network. After clicking cellular/mobile data this is the screen I get. 

IMG_0471.png

HI @JenM86 

you meant the manual change network screen that you didn't see?

Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Network.
By default, Automatic is selected. Turn off the Automatic option. 

you will then see a list of available network. Try all 3 networks: T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon

@JenM86  Is your iOS up to date 18.0.1

JenM86

I do t have that screen. I think something got messed up when I switched to public mobile back in the summer

@JenM86  go into  cellular data options , and toggle on data roaming if you can 

Handy1_0-1728520048121.png

JenM86

These are my screens. There is no option 

IMG_0470.png

IMG_0471.png

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @JenM86 make sure you have roaming data enabled 

and try manually connect to T-Mobile or AT&T or Verizon and make sure network mode is 4g/LTE

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@JenM86  Maybe try to reboot the phone or reset  network settings . You need data r paying on in phone settings . Also set phone to 4G/LTE not 5G and make sure your connected to T mobile or AT&T 

Need Help? Let's chat.