cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Problem

Princessj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For about two weeks now I’ve noticed when I turn my data on it will connect for my fb messenger but not my actual internet I can make it to google but that won’t even load fully or properly than it’ll crash and when I try to type in any webpage it’ll black screen and say safari cannot open your page because your phone is not connected to internet, but it is I’ve tried everything and yes I have lots of data left, tried to contact support and got the robot. I am still unsure what community is about and don’t really like using it but figured I should come here.. thanks for any help 

17 REPLIES 17

HI @Bailey1   So, phone calls work? 

Data ever work in the phone you are using now?

try Reset Network on your phone

Bailey1

I’m a long time customer and I been having data issues now for a long time

Bailey1

I’ve noticed the same problem.  And I’ve also noticed that I always have my phone connected to wifi so I wouldn’t use up my data and about 2 weeks into my plan I received and text message stating that I have used up 75% of my data.  Can someone please explain that to me thanks 

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Princessj    Also, iPhone has setting to disable Data for specific apps, so you need to make sure that's not the case (or any other app that you want to access with data). That will be under 'Settings - Cellular' and make sure settings here are as you want. Enable for apps that you want to have data access, and disable for ones you don't want to have data access. Disable especially for ones that stream a lot like YouTube, Netflix etc.. 

@Princessj wrote:

Thank you after I figured out there was a choice for just network setting I re set and it may have worked!! 

@Princessj  Happy to help  🙂

Princessj

Thank you everyone !! It maybe working I’ll update in a bit 

Princessj

Thank you after I figured out there was a choice for just network setting I re set and it may have worked!! 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did Safari somehow get disabled for data? Can you try another browser?

@Princessj wrote:

Will resetting my phone erase all my photos and stuff ? 

Resetting your phone .. YES.. will erase all ... you need to back up first

But I suggest you to try the easy thing first.

1.  Clear Safari cache

2. Reset network settings

Princessj

Already did and nothing 

Princessj

Will resetting my phone erase all my photos and stuff ? 

@Princessj   Try to clear cache on on your Safari:

To clear your cookies and keep your history, go to Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data, then tap Remove All Website Data.

Princessj

The Facebook messenger APP will work on data, I refuse to use the fb app and go through safari, nothing on safari will work on data not even google. And update as in check for updates ? Because I do keep everything updated when it wants it unless I have to do something special ? 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Princessj   With you having an iPhone, make sure you update your OS to the latest one and update the Carrier Profile

Another thing, the internet browser, FB work perfectly on Wifi?

Princessj

November 2021 I believe I signed up and yes I don’t use data often that’s why I still have it from original purchase also Christmas add ons I am in a. iPhone 7 same phone, no data issues till now and it’s odd it will work for my Facebook messenger I can send pics and chat on it with data but no actual internet pages will work. 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Are you a long time customer, is this the first time you have had a data issue? 

Haji-Nabeel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Try couple of things that might help you.
1- Reset network settings
2- Go to APN settings and reset it 
3- see if you can change data LTE to 3G and back to LTE and restart the phone. 
4- Clear any cache and cookies 

Need Help? Let's chat.