cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data/Plans

teridactyl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm trying to help my son figure out why he has extra data some months and not enough data other months, but we aren't able to view his plan or his data usage via selfserve - we keep getting an error message. Can someone help? I have his phone number and login info.

27 REPLIES 27

@Anonymous 

Well that's curious isn't it? There have been updates to plans and the self serve maybe pm quietly coded it to newer plans that show 1GB DATA in their transaction history. I have very little experience with the $25 plan. The bf had it for one month a year and a half ago and most of my referrals are on the $15 plan and a few on the $40.

teridactyl

Absolutely sure!

@teridactyl wrote:

yeah he's definitely not using auto-pay yet, but receiving "500mb + 500mb" in data each mo. 🤷

You sure the bottom of Overview Tab didn't show Autopay enabled/??

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow : According to the OP...not so right. It would seem it is a YMMV.

@JK8 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@JK8 : Bat signal to @darlicious . I think she has all that down. It's around here somewhere.

@hTideGnow @teridactyl @Anonymous 

Found the post from @darlicious :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Data-on-the-15-plan-without-autopay/m-p/705603

The $15 plan comes with 250mb by default. It is coded to the plan unlike all of the other plans where the autopay data bonus is tied to being registered for autopay. But don't worry there are no extra charges, overages or hidden fees  at public mobile once you use your data it will just stop and the feature/data counter listed in your account will disappear.

so.. only $15 comes with "bonus" data even without Autopay.  Other plan really need Autopay enabled  to get the 500mb bonus.. , right??

teridactyl

yeah he's definitely not using auto-pay yet, but receiving "500mb + 500mb" in data each mo. 🤷

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JK8 : Funny, I just found that too. So what's curious is that the OP apparently doesn't have autopay toggled on but gets the 1GB anyway. hmm.

Maybe it's another of those unmentionable "glitches" around here.

@Anonymous wrote:

@JK8 : Bat signal to @darlicious . I think she has all that down. It's around here somewhere.

@hTideGnow @teridactyl @Anonymous 

Found the post from @darlicious :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Data-on-the-15-plan-without-autopay/m-p/705603

The $15 plan comes with 250mb by default. It is coded to the plan unlike all of the other plans where the autopay data bonus is tied to being registered for autopay. But don't worry there are no extra charges, overages or hidden fees  at public mobile once you use your data it will just stop and the feature/data counter listed in your account will disappear.

@teridactyl   ask your son to use the app I mentioned earlier.. With the default counter, you have to set it every cycle to match the 30 days cycle.. With the app, you set it up once and it will change automatically  🙂

teridactyl

Thank you to everyone! We understand now. Hopefully the website will eventually be updated to show the accurate amount of data that comes with each plan! He has figured out how to adjust the dates within his cell phone settings so that the data limits showing in his phone settings match up with the billing dates for his cellular plan. We really appreciate the assistance! 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow wrote:

@JK8 wrote:

There is a bug in the system so for the $25 plan you get a total of 1 GB of data and the

@JK8   isn't that the bug is only for $15 plan?  ppl get 250mb with or without Autopay enabled.

I think it is for all plans from what I have read. @Anonymous can you confirm?

@JK8 wrote:

There is a bug in the system so for the $25 plan you get a total of 1 GB of data and the

@JK8   isn't that the bug is only for $15 plan?  ppl get 250mb with or without Autopay enabled.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JK8 wrote:

The promo code is for NEW activations only, not for current customers accounts.

@JK8 : Fixed it for ya. 🙂

@teridactyl 

There is a bug in the system so for the $25 plan you get a total of 1 GB of data and the $35 plan 3 GB of data regardless if on autopay or not.

The promo code is for NEW activations only, not for current accounts.

@teridactyl   since you have 500mb + 500mb, you must have setup Autopay.  

You can confirm by going into My Account,  at the bottom of the front page ( Overview Tab ) would have a section about Autopay and it should tell you that you have Autopay.

Also, if you did not setup Autopay, you must have manually pay it every 30 days.  Did someone routinely do this ?

Assuming you have Autopay setup, going to $35 plan would give you 3GB data (2.5 +0.5)

Sorry, no 2GB bonus, that is for new activation only.  Wait for Christmas and maybe we will all get some one time data bonus again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@teridactyl : The 2GBBONUS is only for new activations. As for autopay and the extra, it seems that can be YMMV.

Edit: But why not set up autopay and get the free 2 bucks? Get a prepaid card or gift card even and then pay it however you like otherwise as you've been doing but that card will get you the $2.

teridactyl

So I've spoken to him again, and I think the part he is confused about is that public mobile is advertising the $25 plan as coming with 500mb of data, but he is actually receiving 1gb of data (which shows up like "500mb + 500mb" in his plan overview, and it is not as a result of autopay as he has not signed up for that yet. Also he has realized that he had some left over data from the Christmas promo that has now been used up. So he is now wondering if he switches to the $35 plan, will it actually come with the 2.5gb of data that is advertised or will he actually get 3gb? And if he uses the promo code "2GBBONUS" when he changes plans is that a one-time thing, or will he get that extra 2gb every month? 

@teridactyl   $25 Plan has only 1GB of data and PM is prepaid, so there is no chance to use more.  

How long you have been with PM?  If you have been with PM before last Christmas, maybe you got the bonus Data from last Christmas.  That bonus will sit on your account and kick in whenever you used up the data for the cycle.   That might be the reason for your son to use more than 1GB data for the cycle

Of course, make sure you didn't got mixed up by the cycle start date.  Many phone's default Data tracker only keep monthly cycle and not 30 day cycle, there might be a confusion from there. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@teridactyl : If you know the 4 digit PIN then you could also use the 611 service or the 18554public to find out the current remaining amount of data. Should. Not 100% certain of it knowing plan data.

@teridactyl 

On the $25 plan, he should be getting 1 GB of data. Have you tried chrome or edge in incognito? Or using another device with chrome or edge? Clearing the cache and cookies too.

teridactyl

The issue is that sometimes his plan allows him to use 1gb of data, other times only 500mb, sometimes 2gb! It's unpredictable even though he has been on the same plan for a very long time. We have tried logging in on different devices but we aren't able to see his plan or how much data comes with his plan (that's when we get the "Oops!" error message - it's just not visible for some reason). He is on the $25/month plan. We have done comparisons with the settings on his cell phone that shows his data usage but it is the plan itself that has been inconsistent with how much data he gets each new billing cycle.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@teridactyl   Also, for your data issue, please remember PM is running a 30 days cycle and not monthly.  hence, the cycle start date keep changing and not on the same date of the month.  Maybe that's why you can't keep track of the usage?

Best way to keep track easily, install a tracking app on the phone that is able to track 30 days cycle.  On iOS, try My Data Manager; On Android, try Data Counter Widget.  They will both show you how much data used on the cycle and the amount of data used on each app.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@teridactyl 

Clear your browser cache and cookies and then open a new window in incognito. Chrome or edge works well. All cycles are 30 days.

You can try the Forgot your password link if need be.

Note: This site is best viewed on latest versions of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer 10 and above. For the best experience, enable cookies and JavaScript on your browse

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@teridactyl   It could be just a browser issue. Many customers has been having browser issue but try this:

1. use a different browser (Edge/Chrome/Firefox)

2. Clear browser cache and reboot

3. Try Chrome's Incognito mod or  Edge's  InPrivate mode

4. . Try on a different machine or phone.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@teridactyl wrote:

I'm trying to help my son figure out why he has extra data some months and not enough data other months, but we aren't able to view his plan or his data usage via selfserve - we keep getting an error message. Can someone help? I have his phone number and login info.

Data use can change.  Nobody uses the same amount all the time. What does the error say?  Self serve has problems with "oh no, soemthing went wrong" error messages.  Go back tomorrow or try using incognito browswer mode.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@teridactyl 

What error message are you getting?  Is your password being denied?  Did you forget your password.  Email address is the login info, with the password that you chose before.  

The website is finicky.  You can try a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode.  

Need Help? Let's chat.