cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Disappeared

AmaiKuda
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I pay for a plan with 5GB of data on thh 3rd of each month. It always lasts me the whole month and I have never run out. This month I got  a notice on the 14th saying I had used 100% of my data, which I'm pretty sure is impossible. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary, so I think there was an error on Public Mobile's side. How do I address this?

13 REPLIES 13

@softech wrote:

@softech just fake

@softech 

Lol....did you miss this part or did you tell yourself it doesn't matter?😆😆😆

@ZuckMark 

Now maybe you need to have a talk with yourself and see if you would like to be replied to in the manner that you post? Keep repeating to yourself "Kind and friendly. Kind and friendly." It should stick eventually?😉

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

ZuckMark
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It's not mandatory that the data will last your whole month! It will depends on the usage of your cellphone. IS NOT THE COMPANY!

ZuckMark
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When you fill up your car's tank of gas and all of sudden it's empty before the time you always expect, are you going back to the gas station to complain about the gas didn't last the whole month?

@darlicious   Ok, just completed " Change Number", hope no one will be calling "me" now    And disclaimer added 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Lol...are you talking to yourself? Maybe you need a nap? Or get some fresh air?

Still maybe you need a little disclaimer under your screenshot with an explanation and a warning for customers not to display the phone numbers in their screenshots if they post them on the community?

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Are the phone numbers you are displaying fake or out of service? Otherwise they really should be obscured from view....even just to show as a good example for customers....so they don't think it's okay to post a screenshot in that manner?

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's very possible to burn through all of your data in 10 days or less.  Some apps can use tons of data in the background. If your phone isn't set to update or upload pictures on wifi only, that can also do it.

So do some googling and find out how to see which apps are using your data.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

You cna look at your data usage in self serve. Sometimes it may have been inadvertent, like not realizing wifi was turned off or apps running/loading in background. Have to always be diligent. I think everyone has fallen victim to it at sometime or another 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AmaiKuda   PM has a 30 days cycle and not month. 

Login to My Account, first check the Transaction log  ( https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Payment-History/ )  The last payment date was the first day of this cycle

Then go to Usage history ( https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/viewUsageChangePlan/ ) and add up the web traffic.  Filter from the first day of the cycle.  Do not trust the sort feature, it looks sorted but it is not.  Go through each page

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/viewUsageChangePlan/           . - .      Sample screenshot only.  Remember to hide real phone numbers   https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/viewUsageChangePlan/ . - . Sample screenshot only. Remember to hide real phone numbers

Then, if you are on Android, you can check your usage from Mobile Data page.  (Sorry, if you are on iOS, there is no easy way to track usage back)

Change the cycle start date to match your current PM cycle start date.  This will tell you how much data you used from the device and which app used the data and how much

E-MobileData.png

Meow
Mayor / Maire

PM Plans renew every 30 days so you cannot have renewal on 3rd of every month. It might happen for 2 months but that is not a rule.

Did you check your self-serving account - how much data you have?

SMS from PM might not be that reliable.

Plus check your background apps; some of them might be hungry this month.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@AmaiKuda  hi if you check in your self serve account under data and addons you will see a line for your data if none is there than you've used it all you can also check on your phone for any extra data usage recently

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @AmaiKuda   you plan does NOT always renewed on the 3rd of each month . 

PM is on 30 days cycle and the cycle start date changes.  so, it has been moving.   Login to My Account and check when is the next renewal date.  30 days before would be the current cycle start date.  Check first

Need Help? Let's chat.