cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotional Data

Farside
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Howdy. If I upgrade/change my plan, do I lose my promotional Data?

6 REPLIES 6

JL9
Mayor / Maire

There should be conditions with the promo, for example the 2GB bonus data ones that have been off and on recently may or may not depending on whether you are going above or below in $$ and the conditions attached to it

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Farside 

If you are upgrading, your promo bonus data will stay with your new upgraded plan.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

That was only confirmed for that specific promotion not all bonus recurring plan data promotions.

@Farside 

As noted by @dabr it does depend on the promotion. But promotions more often than not say you will lose the bonus data. However it generally works this way but remember it is YMMV so if it doesn't go your way you must live with your decision.

• Bonus data add ons remain on the account 99% of the time whether you upgrade or downgrade your plan.
  • Bonus recurring monthly plan data promos are 50/50 on promotions activated before December 4th 2019. Very YMMV.
  • Bonus recurring monthly plan data promos after December 4th 2019 are lost 99% of the time when changing your rate plan with the exception of the above promotion linked by @softech . Specifically if you used the promo code 2GBBONUS on a $35+ plan you will keep the promotional data as long as the rate plan remains above the $35+ threshold.

**CSA's read from the policy book vs real life results but that's why it's YMMV.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Farside   if you are upgrading and the plan is still above the minimum plan the promotion for, then no worry,  you can keep your promotion data.

CS Agent Melinda confirmed that before

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-2GB-of-monthly-bonus-data-fo...

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Farside hi what promotion there have been many if you are referring to the Christmas giveaways then no others depend on the promotion at the time usually upgrading does not effect it

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Farside   Depends upon the conditions for the promo data at sign up, but generally upgrading plans is less likely to lose promo data.

Need Help? Let's chat.