cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DURATION OF AD-ONS

akattijnr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How long does Ad-on takes if not exhausted?

15 REPLIES 15

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jordan23 wrote:

Hi @akattijnr , the add-on stays there forever until you've used all of it.

@mojorising wrote:

Add-ons do not expire. This means they Roll over to your next cycle if there is anything remaining in the Add-ons.

@jordan23 @mojorising please be careful with blanket statements like this. At the time of your replies, the OP had not indicated which add-on(s) they were asking about.  The US Roaming add-ons are all 10 day add-ons and definitely expire no matter how much you use.  If you're not sure which is being asked about, please provide both scenarios.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Nikita
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi

I have had to search for calling cards recently and it was really difficult. I never new how much you need to know before getting it. Things like expiry date.  hidden fees, or non hidden fees but expensive connection fees.  price per minute.  if it works from all phones to all phones, the access numbers and if they charge for using the access numbers. 

I found this site to help me out. No need to change phone providers for just that as i really do think calling cards are the best option for some countries. 

this is a site that can give info. You dont need to buy from them, but the info on their pages was very helpful.  Good luck

https://www.ontariophonecards.ca/phone-card-tips

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@akattijnr other than the roaming add-ons, all other add-ons will last until it's used up, so technically there's no expiry.  I applied additional minutes to my dad's line almost a year ago and he still hasn't used it up and it's still there.

If you want to call Ghana I suggest you get a calling card, go to the nearest convenience store and ask if they have calling cards.  Calling cards will range from $2 - $10 and you'll get anywhere from 10 minutes to 25 minutes of use (depends on the card you purchase).

mh1983

If you want to avoid calling cards altogether, I suggest looking into a VoIP app like Fongo. you just install it on your phone and you get a phone # that is tied to the app. From within the app, you can easily by LD add ons. 

Their rates are good. Use this tool to look up a number you're trying to call: https://account.fongo.com/calling/long-distance/

You can use a 3rd party long distance calling card. or you can use plenty of VOIP apps.

Do note: Chatr has long distance to Ghana.
Freedom: https://www.freedommobile.ca/en-CA/network-and-coverage/international-calling
Also Lucky:https://www.luckymobile.ca/shop/plans/prepaid/add-ons/international

They are about 30c - 40c / minute

If convenience and simplicity is a factor I would consider changing providers.

akattijnr

Thanks for help. 

jordan23

Honestly, I have no idea since I never bought one. You can check your nearest gas station or 7-eleven to check the price.

akattijnr

How much does it cost?

jordan23

@akattijnr you can buy long distance calling cards from gas stations or 7-eleven.

akattijnr

So if I want to call Ghana how do I go about it?

@akttijnr sorry Public mobile LD add on only include countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

so Ghana is out of luck

mojorising

@akattijnr wrote:

400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US) - $15.00. 

1) Can I use this Ad-on to call Ghana ?

Unfortunaley no. Here is the list of countries that you can call with PM.

Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

Your best bet is to buy a cheap calling card for Ghana.

mojorising

Add-ons do not expire. This means they Roll over to your next cycle if there is anything remaining in the Add-ons.

akattijnr

400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US) - $15.00. 

1) Can I use this Ad-on to call Ghana ?

jordan23

Hi @akattijnr , the add-on stays there forever until you've used all of it.

Need Help? Let's chat.