cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currently on a $40 5Gb 3G plan and willing to switch to the 4G plan but what will I lose?

coztex
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So as in title, what will I lose?

I am currently with the old reward program ($3 loyalty, $2 autopay, and $1 referral) Will I keep them when I make my switch to the 4G plan? I currently still have a little over 2Gb data remaining, should I switch right now or on my renewal date?

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10

If you have activation promo data like the 2gb then you would lose that data. Other add-ons and rewards would all carry across.

Adding - @iamnightowl 

iamnightowl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is it ok to switch from 3g into 4g without losing the rewards and add ons?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Rhonda11 

But you have never been able to talk to a real person at public mobile. It's the phone company you can't phone?!! I spend less time messaging back and forth to solve an account issue here than I spend on hold with telus for my home services. Of course I never use SIMon to eliminate the frustration factor and I always follow the same method when contacting customer support via private messaging to cut down on the unnecessary back and forth. Read the spoiler in the post below for easy customer support contacts.....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/m-p/...

Rhonda11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just quit u get a new SIM card from a different sim person since I can’t talk to a human person 

@none12- I'd be curious to see your question to them and their reply. Are you willing? Around here, there's official and then there's reality. Often the agents barely know official let alone reality. We all know reality.

@none12 wrote:

I asked support about losing the addons after a switch but their reply and that of people that already switched seems to differ. What is the official stance?

Add-ons aren't affected by plan changes. If an add-on was removed, there was a system issue but it shouldn't have happened.

none12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I asked support about losing the addons after a switch but their reply and that of people that already switched seems to differ. What is the official stance?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@coztex 

Schedule a change plan on next renewal so you don't lose any value or your rewards for the current 30 day plan. Otherwise you will keep all rewards and bonus add ons you may have. You have been a member long enough that any promos you may have received at activation are probably long gone or if it's a bonus add on it should be safe.....99% safe but YMMV/1%?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@coztex , always renew on schedule.  Off schedule renewals do not get rewards applied, even though rewards are not lost as already mentioned.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@coztex   Your rewards like loyalty/autopay/RAF stay with your account and do not get affected by plan changes.  If you activated with bonus data promo, that might be lost depending on the terms of conditions at activation.

edit:  Schedule Change at Next Renewal is always advised as PM doesn't prorate for unused days in your current cycle.

Need Help? Let's chat.