cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage

SKnight
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is public mobile going to catch up with the new towers out west or am I switching to rogers?

9 REPLIES 9

@Meow wrote:

@SKnight wrote:

No threat or blackmail here. Simply curious if PM is going to get with the new technology? 

We are all customers like yourself here. HOW are we supposed to know???

Hi @Meow   that is untrue, I see many members know a lot.  Some works in the field and do a lot with towers and the technology.  I don't see any problem OP asking that.  Through discussion, we can learn more.  Don't be harsh to OP

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile is Telus. Telus uses Bell. Bell uses Telus. Public Mobile, Lucky and Chatr still use 3G/UMTS systems for talk. Chatr might even use the yet older 2G if available whenever Rogers gets around to shutting that down.

Freedom still uses a 3G frequency not used here.

But they all otherwise can use VoLTE which the three I listed for 3G do not.

Telus seems to be making network changes that may very well be squeezing out old 3G customers in some areas.

Did you try forcing your phone to 3G? Might be worth a shot.

@SKnight wrote:

No threat or blackmail here. Simply curious if PM is going to get with the new technology? 

We are all customers like yourself here. HOW are we supposed to know???

@SKnight @I’d definitely go with a provider that has coverage where you live 

Do you have coverage where you live now ?

maybe stay where you are forget robbers stay away !!

SKnight

Thanks anyways. Rogers, Fido…etc all have coverage in the area I live. But not Public Mobile. I’m asking if they will be catching up or should I switch to a provider that has coverage in my area?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@SKnight  don’t know if this helps 

Coverage  map in your area

www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/coverage?gclid=CLuo4c39yNQCFQQvaQodeZEC0g

SKnight

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @SKnight 

We are all customers here like you so we don't know too

Which city and province you are in ?

Try to open ticket with Cs agent and ask them:

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You have to ask management this question. You are free to switch to any provider if service is not satisfactory to you. Threats and blackmails have no influence here...

Need Help? Let's chat.