cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage in the US

RVTraveller1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was very disappointed in the lack of coverage in NY and PA while traveling recently. I paid for the 15 day add on for talk/text and data but only had coverage for any of those things if I was in a larger community. If you travel with an RV you don't tend to spend much time in larger communities. Why is the coverage so poor in more rural areas?

6 REPLIES 6

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hence the reason why it's the responsibility of anyone who is travelling to do their due diligence to see where cell phone coverage works and doesn't. Then plan accordingly. 

You could always reach out to a CS Agent to let them know you had troubles in the areas you travelled. I'm not sure if they'd offer a refund or a credit to your account but at least you'll have a voice.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

I continued on with further clarification. Public has no control over the coverage provided by their roaming partners.

HI @RVTraveller1 

you tried both T-Mobile and AT&T?  you should get connection from one of the two, unless you drove to really rural area with your RV 🙂

RVTraveller1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hard to ask AT&T when you aren't their client but thanks for the suggestion.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Ask AT&T and T-Mobile. Public isn't responsible for the coverage of roaming partners.

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RVTraveller1 

Were you mainly connected to T-Mobile or AT&T? I know most US carriers are fully transitioning to VoLTE so if you have an older device that isn’t VoLTE compatible for Public Mobile then you are forced to use T-Mobile 2G coverage which might not be available in as many areas and also will be shut down in April 2024

Need Help? Let's chat.