cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not login to account because phone got stolen. Please help!!!

PeterD1990
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there!

my wife phone got stolen and she could not login to her public mobile account to update her new sim card and could not login to her gmail account to get the verify code number from public mobile. Anyone know what to do? Can I ask Telus agents at the store to help my wife with this problem? Thanks so much!!!

9 REPLIES 9

Is the account still working? If so then if you haven't heard back yet or still unresolved by them, do you know if her account has volte enabled? If so then click on that did not send link and choose the voice option which will call the number and leave a voicemail and then you can retrieve it and log in.

PeterD1990

Thanks a lot!!!

@PeterD1990 

since you have no access to email to get the 2FA code as. well, please open ticket with PM support for help

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

PeterD1990

Hi, I do not understand what are you saying. How can I access to her account if I did not have her 2 FA code and logged in to her email?!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@PeterD1990 

Just login to your account and click on Resend Code/Didn’t Receive Code and have the 2FA code sent by email so you can access her account to put a pause on the service by reporting Lost/Stolen phone.

Also, login to your phone account and Blacklist her phone so it will be locked.

PeterD1990

Could not login to email account because phone lost and google 2 step verification. 😞

h_sy

When the login asks for a phone number, click "Try another way" and get it to send the verification code to your email instead. Then, once you're logged in, you can change the phone number on the account to something else for the mean time.

PeterD1990

Thanks!

@PeterD1990 wrote:

Hi there!

my wife phone got stolen and she could not login to her public mobile account to update her new sim card and could not login to her gmail account to get the verify code number from public mobile. Anyone know what to do? Can I ask Telus agents at the store to help my wife with this problem? Thanks so much!!!

Sorry, but storre employees cannot help.  All suport is provided online.

Need Help? Let's chat.