cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constantly receive calls and vocicemail messages from Canada collection agency

AurelioLobo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I regularly receive phone calls and voice-mail messages from Canada Collections Agency for Frederick xxxxxxxxxxx. I have replied to the messages several times that this number does not belong to Frederick since I took this number. However I still continue to receive the calls and messages. How can I make these messages stop.

Regards,

Aurelio

8 REPLIES 8

That is a great addition.

Thank you, @Luddite 

@HALIMACS  Only element I use in addition to your list, is to block any unknown number that leaves no message. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

SixPaxks
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello AurelioLobo, receiving calls from the CRA are rare, and are often phone scams. The CRA will most likely contact you through mail or e-mail first. You can contact the CRA through their official number to make sure these calls are legitimate. Here is link https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/news/newsroom/tax-tips/tax-tips-2022/not-sure-cra-calling-he..., to find legitimate numbers.

If you are an IOS user and are bothered by these numbers, you can silence unknown callers and direct these calls straight to voicemail, you can do so by:

1. Going to the settings app 

2. Search for Phone, and click on it

3. Scroll down until you see Silence Unknown Callers

4. Turn the feature on

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @AurelioLobo it is tax season, you will receive these calls a lot.  I guess you also received some calls about DHL or Chinese embassy, too. Just ignore.  CRTC supposed to do something, they did, but ineffective 😞

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Here's my choice of dealing with this, @AurelioLobo 

NEVER answer any calls from numbers/people you either don't recognize or are not on your contact list.  It can be difficult to ignore a call, but you will get used to it.  

If the person calling you needs you that badly, they will leave a voice message; if they don't bother leaving one, you likely didn't need to hear from them in the first place.

IF YOU DO ANSWER, and the caller is a spammer, it's likely your number will get logged as one which will get answered, so anticipate spam calling to increase (at least in the short term).

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

NEVER reply to such messages and most likely they are spam and/or phishing calls/messages.

Since you replied now they Know you are a live person with valid phone number and might continue pestering you even more and sell your number to other spammers.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AurelioLobo it happens to many of us with different providers.  It is a Canadian issue overalall and really no way to avoid it. 

Also , no point to keep track of the phone number or block the number as they are using trick call CALLER ID Spoofing ( https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/telemarketing/identit.htm) and it will call via a "different numbers" every time Basically, they use system to generate numbers look like regular numbers to trick people into picking up the calls

And changing phone numbers won't help either as they just use system to call any number, so, your particular number was not really being targeted or compromised.

My suggestion is just to if ignore calls you don't recognize, let it go to voicemail and then simply delete the voicemail after

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@AurelioLobo  No real way they are just randomly sent to anyone , it’s. Annoyance and we are all subject to these phone scams 

Adding you could try and block the number 

Need Help? Let's chat.